Wearing un paid for items in a shop?

is it possible to do this? Grundle, , an at the time level 1 trollish
fighter found a diadem of beauty in a shop. I tried to have him wear it
in hopes of obtaining some better prices but was told "You should pay
for that item first." Well, maybe so but I don't want to... Is it
possible to do this? Or was my character's alignment getting in the way
or something?

Thanks,

--Al

"Al Puzzuoli" <alpuzz@comcast.net> kirjoitti
viestissä:MPG.1d69ba8e53d8a55a989689@news.giganews.com...
> is it possible to do this? Grundle, , an at the time level 1 trollish
> fighter found a diadem of beauty in a shop. I tried to have him wear it
> in hopes of obtaining some better prices but was told "You should pay
> for that item first." Well, maybe so but I don't want to... Is it
> possible to do this? Or was my character's alignment getting in the way
> or something?

It is impossible. You have to pay first.

Joonatan