Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Win7 not booting up after cpu cooler change??

Last response: in Windows 7
April 30, 2010 7:19:43 PM

So this is the case, just installen a new cpu cooler. Everything went fine (or so i thought) 1.turned my system on - the post beep 2.entered my bios to check the cpu temperature (it was fine 32C). 3. Saved the bios and exited. 4. the windows load screen comes up (starting windows) , loaded for a while and then a black screen comes up and nothing happen. so im stuck with this black screen for a very long time and then force shutted my system. booted it up and choose to start windows in safe mode... same thing! black screen!!! so can anybody help????? please.

by the way if i run it in safe mode i don't get the windows load screen (starting windows) part
and i get the file names only when i run it in safe mode

i got some video footage of it. if you want to check it out...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9oQcgFvNi_o
a b à CPUs
April 30, 2010 7:28:16 PM

If you have backed up your data, try doing a clean install of the OS.
m
l

Best solution

a b à CPUs
a b $ Windows 7
April 30, 2010 7:58:25 PM

Changing the HSF should not cause this problem.
Try reseating all your connections on the MB and your HDD and DVD- Both Power and data.
My quess is that the data (sata) connection at the MB or HDD was loose.
After doing this try booting ihnto windows, still no luk try booting to DVD windows install disk. If that works try a "repair"
Related resources
April 30, 2010 9:40:15 PM

Also take a look in your BIOS make sure everything is connected, i agree with retired chief
m
l
May 1, 2010 2:43:08 PM

okey guys got it working thanks to you. just had to reinstall windows... so, Thank you!
m
l
May 8, 2010 8:58:07 AM

Best answer selected by someguy2010.
m
l
!