A new(?) use for potions of visibility

Last response: in Video Games
August 19, 2005 12:02:01 PM

I'm posting via Google since my ISP doesn't have a news-server. :(  If
anyone can recommend a free one, One which I can post to as well, I'd
be very grateful.

I haven't seen this in the guidebook. Throwing potions of visibility at
invisible monsters makes them visible. At least the invisible stalker I
tested it on. Here's the message log of the event:

You hear an angry grunt! The potion substantially effects something!
The
normal potion of visibility shatters! Out of ammunition.
Reload with the normal thin dagger? ([y]es, [n]o, [q]uit) Q
Something misses you.
Use the movement keys to position the cursor. Abort with [SPACE] or
[Z].
This is something. He is hostile. Something is not injured. [M]ore.
Current tactic: Normal (+0 to hit, +0 to damage, +0 DV)
You hit something and moderately wound it. Something misses you.
You hit someone and critically wound it. Something misses you.
You miss someone. Someone fails to hurt you.
You hit someone and slay it. [+442xp]

Kinda neat to know when that annoying ogre magus blasts you...

--
Magnus Malm

More about : potions visibility

Anonymous
August 19, 2005 5:48:26 PM

"Joonatan Pihlainen" <joonatan.pihlai...@elisanet.fi> wrote:

>> This is something. He is hostile. Something is not injured.
>
>What did the "something" look like?

I didn't think of looking [m]ore at it, but it was an invisible stalker
anyway, represented as a white '@'. Later on I tried the same method on
an ogre magus, and it looked as usual, a light blue 'O'. It seems this
method is a little buggy. It took one extra turn after the potion had
hit the monster before the display showed the monster.

(Damn Google can't reply correctly! Sorry)

--
Magnus Malm
Anonymous

< This is something. He is hostile. Something is not injured.

What did the "something" look like?
August 20, 2005 1:19:42 AM

"Joonatan Pihlainen" <joonatan.pihlainen@elisanet.fi> wrote in message
news:D e57rv$kkp$1@phys-news1.kolumbus.fi...
>< This is something. He is hostile. Something is not injured.
>

> What did the "something" look like?

If it turns out that the something looked like "something", then it could be
like in the cartoons where someone covers an invisible character with flour
to see them.

ADoM principal: Coating an annoying invisible -foo- to allow you to whack
them before they whack you.
Anonymous
August 20, 2005 1:20:53 AM

Magnus Malm wrote:

> I haven't seen this in the guidebook. Throwing potions of visibility at
> invisible monsters makes them visible. At least the invisible stalker I
> tested it on.

I wonder whether the effect is temporary, as it is when the PC drinks
it.
--
Andy Williams
ADOM Guidebook: http://www.andywlms.com/adom/