I'm looking to purchase a laptop for my niece for Christmas. She's a high school student, yet, isn't exactly the most responsible adult just yet; so I'm looking for something cheap, a little durable, and if it has a cool skin on the outside it may prolong the life of the device. (Aka, I hope she will take care of it better.) Onto the questions:
1. What is your budget?
Roughly 300 would be ideal.
2. What is the size of the notebook that you are considering?
Small. One of the minis. Really like the HP 110 with the Mini Tord Boontje, is there any similar netbook/laptops that are about 100 dollars cheaper?
3. What screen resolution do you want?
4. Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop?
5. How much battery life do you need?
6. Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)?
7. What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo / Video editing,watching movies, Etc.)
She uses it for chats, web surfing, some youtube, some schoolwork. Microsoft Office doesn't have to be included.
8. How much storage (Hard Drive capacity) do you need?
9. If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post their links.
Any is fine.
10. How long do you want to keep your laptop?
Longevity isn't a primary concern, I assume that she would keep it around a year though.
11. What kind of Optical drive do you need? DVD ROM/Writer,Bluray ROM/Writer,Etc ?
12. Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons.
Any is fine.
13. What country do you live in?
14. Please tell us any additional information if needed.
Like the top says, something cheap, portable, looks good (as an incentive to take better care of it) and if at all possible durable.