T|T3: Bluetooth libraries gone?!? help!

January 25, 2005 8:35:47 PM

Recently, my Palm T|T3 had a hard reset and I've had to restore from
backups, which were apparently rather poor. (despite having both
BackupBuddy and BackupBuddy VFS in action.)

It appears that my bluetooth libraries have vanished.

When I try to use BTtoggle, it tells me "This Palm
handheld doesn't appear to have a Bluetooth radio." and when I go into
the prefs, it says "Bluetooth Failure: Missing Bluetooth components.
Please re-install software." I can't seem to find updated BT drivers
on PalmOne.com to download and install. what should I do?

Any hints? help?

-alan

--
Alan Hoyle - alanh@unc.edu - http://www.alanhoyle.com/
Get Horizontal, Play Ultimate.

More about : bluetooth libraries

Anonymous
January 25, 2005 8:46:24 PM

In article <35nebjF4kp0t1U1@individual.net>, alanh@unc.edu says...
> Recently, my Palm T|T3 had a hard reset and I've had to restore from
> backups, which were apparently rather poor. (despite having both
> BackupBuddy and BackupBuddy VFS in action.)
>
> It appears that my bluetooth libraries have vanished.
>
> When I try to use BTtoggle, it tells me "This Palm
> handheld doesn't appear to have a Bluetooth radio." and when I go into
> the prefs, it says "Bluetooth Failure: Missing Bluetooth components.
> Please re-install software." I can't seem to find updated BT drivers
> on PalmOne.com to download and install. what should I do?
>
> Any hints? help?
>
> -alan

On your CD:\Essential_Software\PhoneLink\setup

--
Hope this helps.
Jim Anderson

On Tue, 25 Jan 2005 17:46:24 GMT, Jim Anderson wrote:
> In article <35nebjF4kp0t1U1@individual.net>, alanh@unc.edu says...
>> Recently, my Palm T|T3 had a hard reset and I've had to restore from
>> backups, which were apparently rather poor. (despite having both
>> BackupBuddy and BackupBuddy VFS in action.)
>>
>> It appears that my bluetooth libraries have vanished.
>>
>> When I try to use BTtoggle, it tells me "This Palm handheld doesn't
>> appear to have a Bluetooth radio." and when I go into the prefs, it
>> says "Bluetooth Failure: Missing Bluetooth components. Please
>> re-install software." I can't seem to find updated BT drivers on
>> PalmOne.com to download and install. what should I do?
>>
>> Any hints? help?

> On your CD:\Essential_Software\PhoneLink\setup

Tried that. no change in any behavior. Doesn't even list Bluetooth
as an option in Phone Setup.

-alan

--
Alan Hoyle - alanh@unc.edu - http://www.alanhoyle.com/
Get Horizontal, Play Ultimate.
January 25, 2005 10:35:28 PM

On 25 Jan 2005 19:15:46 GMT, Alan Hoyle wrote:
> On Tue, 25 Jan 2005 17:46:24 GMT, Jim Anderson wrote:
>> In article <35nebjF4kp0t1U1@individual.net>, alanh@unc.edu says...
>>> Recently, my Palm T|T3 had a hard reset and I've had to restore from
>>> backups, which were apparently rather poor. (despite having both
>>> BackupBuddy and BackupBuddy VFS in action.)
>>>
>>> It appears that my bluetooth libraries have vanished.
>>>
>>> When I try to use BTtoggle, it tells me "This Palm handheld doesn't
>>> appear to have a Bluetooth radio." and when I go into the prefs, it
>>> says "Bluetooth Failure: Missing Bluetooth components. Please
>>> re-install software." I can't seem to find updated BT drivers on
>>> PalmOne.com to download and install. what should I do?
>>>
>>> Any hints? help?

>> On your CD:\Essential_Software\PhoneLink\setup

> Tried that. no change in any behavior. Doesn't even list Bluetooth
> as an option in Phone Setup.

It turns out, my problem was exactly the opposite of what I thought it
was. Instead of having drivers that were too new, my backup restore
had drivers that were from 2001, I'm guessing left over from my T|T.
Deleting them from memory and reverting to the ROM versions made
everything work again. (This was my first hard reset since upgrading
last fall.)

-alan

--
Alan Hoyle - alanh@unc.edu - http://www.alanhoyle.com/
Get Horizontal, Play Ultimate.
Anonymous
January 26, 2005 12:13:27 AM

>> Any hints? help?

It sounds like a warm-reset (reset with up-button). This is not the
same like a softreset. After a warm-reset the handheld don't load any
system extension. Try a softreset or do another hard-reset. The
BT-driver should be installed from the rom.

Grüße
Thomas
!