Sign in with
Your question

New monitor for gaming

Last response: in Computer Peripherals
May 27, 2012 2:59:53 PM

Hi, recently my monitor started acting up and it's taking a while to power on, besides it's too small (19" 1440x900) so I think its about time to get a new monitor. Because I'm not very knowledgeable concerning monitors I'm not sure which monitor to buy and would very much appreciate any suggestions/advice.

Approximate Purchase Date: 1-2 weeks

Budget Range: Idealy under a £100 but £150 as absolute max.

Monitor Usage from Most to Least Important: Gaming, Watching films/videos, browsing internet, editing photos/videos in photoshop/aftereffects

Preferred Website(s) for Parts: Ebuyer.com, Amazon.co.uk, Ebay.co.uk and any other vendor which ships to UK without extra charge is fine.

Country of Origin: United Kingdom

Brand Preferences: None

Physical Size (Diagonal): 21.5" or more

Resolution(s) You'll Consider: 1920x1080 to 2560x1600

Computers and Other Devices To Attach: 1 PC ( outputs = 1 x HDMI 1 x DisplayPort 2 x Dual-Link DVI )

Panel Type(s) Desired: Not sure which type is best for gaming

LED Backlight: Not sure what's best for gaming

Speakers: Not required

Wall-Mount: Not required

Stand Functions: Tilt and Hight adjustments would be desired but not essential.

Additional Commends: Has to be brand new.

More about : monitor gaming

a b C Monitor
May 27, 2012 3:21:26 PM

I'd take a look at the Asus VS238H-P, which is what I ended up getting after doing a lot of research (despite what the amazon headline says it does not have integrated speakers.

It has HDMI and DVI in, tilt on the stand which is pretty decent (the majority of complaints are a flimsy stand, but I don't have an issue with it). Its got a fast response time, nice colors after some calibration, and the LED backlight makes for a slimmer monitor with lower power consumption.

Would definitely recommend.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B005BZNEVQ
!