Bsod then windows error recovery

Jordan_s23

Honorable
Jan 3, 2013
Hello,
Hello,
So it all started when I was playing swtor. I walked away from my computer to have a smoke. When I got back swtor had closed. I tried launching it again with no success. I used the fixlauncher.exe, again with no success. My computer then bsod's and restarts to windows error recovery. Attempted to launch startup repair, it restarts. Try to start windows normally,get a glint of hope from windows loading then got bsod flash then restarts. I've tried to start in safe mode, last good config, etc. no matter what I tried it didnt start. So I put th hdd in a different pc put a fresh windows 7 on it and still the same problem.

Psu:cooler master gx-750w rs-750-acaa
Cpu: amd athlon II 651k
Ram: corsair vengeance 2x8gb 240 pin 1600mhz
Vid card: nvidia geforce 550ti 2gb
Mobo:asus f1a75-m

So, replace-us the Asus!
Just grab a different motherboard and start using the machine.
I will bet you $1 right now, it's a bunk motherboard.
However you can do this too:
One thing is to make sure that the priority of the task is highest; there maybe other processes running that have priority over the task.
Including for instance security programs and antivirus. The latest of which have gaming / media modes.
If there is not a gaming / media mode on the security try turning it OFF. Now test it with the security turned off. Multiple mismatched security programs can cause conflicts.
“Free” security downloaded from the internet can cause lots of problems…
If you install “free” security from the internet, or downloaded multiple “free” tools and security, expect very poor performance! These types of downloads are just a load of junk. AVOID AVOID AVOID!
There is NO “free” tool that you need, to make windows run correctly. These “free” tools are a scam.

Another good thing is to eliminate as many unused / junk / UN-needed applications.
Try to get rid of resource hog, un needed / unnecessary applications.
turn off the screen saver
Go into the power profiles,
set standby, hibernate and sleep to OFF
leave the monitor standby ON, that's OK (maybe not, try OFF)
Set the Hard Drive standby to NEVER
Set system Performance to MAXIMUM, not "quiet mode."

Open the bios set up and make sure "cool and quiet" is OFF. (AMD)
There may be a performance setting in the bios setup you have...make sure it's cranked up to max.
in the bios, see that the allocation for video, if available, is maxed.

Now open the hardware manager profiles...
click start
click computer
click system properties
click device manager
double click on mice and other pointing devices
right click on HID compliant mouse
left click on properties
click on the power management tab
UN-check the box that says: "allow the computer to turn off this device to save power." (there is now NO check mark in this box)
click OK

Now repeat this procedure for all mice, monitors, keyboards, and ALL USB ports on the device manager list.

You must open ALL the devices one at a time, as above, and turn off the power saver, for each device.

You may also be causing voltage spikes in either your GPU or CPU. Try using CPU-Z and GPU-Z and see what they are registering. If looks abnormal, it probably is.

bdubs85

Distinguished
Aug 12, 2011
I would recommend opening up your case, making sure all of the fans on the power supply, the cpu, and graphics card are both: 1) working (ie: spinning) and 2) the heat sinks on the chips are not full of dust.
If everything looks to be relatively clean and working, try downloading a copy of some diagnostic software that can boot from CD or USB drive such as Ultimate Boot CD, found at http://www.ultimatebootcd.com/
Run a few of the tests on the cd, such as CPU, Memory, and hard drive tests and try and narrow it down to some specific hardware.
Also, taking one of the memory chips out to isolate them for memory testing may help.

If your computer shuts off during the diagnostic testing, you may be dealing with a bad power supply or bad motherboard.