Budget laptop with an emphasis on the webcam

Hey guys,

I'm after a laptop almost exclusively for casual internet browsing, some LogMeIn to connect to my desktop (so a nice resolution preferable) and most importantly for using as a webcam!

Something that looks nice would be a bonus (yes, I'm shallow!) but most important is the price and the inclusion of webcam.

Any recommendations would be much appreciated, thanks!
9 answers Last reply
More about budget laptop emphasis webcam
  1. What is your budget?
  2. Thanks guys, I'm in the UK (so no black Friday deals for me!) but my budget is around £400 or so. Equates to maybe $600 when you allow for import taxes and conversion rates?

So yeah, something in that range with an emphasis on having a good webcam :o
  3. Gotcha. So I assume that you want to buy from a US based site or are there any UK sites/stores that you have in mind?
  4. Oh, definitely a UK store I think since it'd cost so much to import - sorry I didn't really check the specifics of this forum so much, just visited through the .co.uk domain and assumed the forum would be UK too :$ Sorry!
  5. Many thanks, I do really like the look of the G62 - but just a quick Google and it seems the trackpad doesn't support multitouch gestures, which I guess means I won't be able to do the two finger scrolling etc like on a Macbook? (I'm using one right now, not a huge fan but the trackpad gestures are ace!)
  6. You'll be hard pressed to find a PC/laptop with multi gesture support. I'll see what else I can find though and get back to you.
  7. Ahhh, yeah I did think that unfortunately - it's just the swipe to scroll I like really, sooooo much easier than having to scroll across to the right sidebar!
  8. Hmm, bit of a shame - went to try out the G62 in a shop and whilst I was quite impressed, the keyboard wasn't brilliant and the trackpad was actually rather horrible!

Putting a focus onto usability (nice keyboard and trackpad) and a good webcam, and stretching my budget up to £500 - is there anything else I should look at? otherwise the G62 isn't a bad option at all anyway I guess.

Thanks again
Ask a new question

Read More

Laptops Webcams Product