Should I upgrade my Dell Ultrasharp 2407wfp-hc?

ctrain24

Honorable
Mar 5, 2012
I've had my Ultrasharp 2407wfp-hc for a couple of years now and decided to see what's new out there. Been thinking about buying a Dell U2311H. Do you think I will see any major difference between the two? I have a newer Alienware computer and do mostly gaming and web surfing on my computer. I'm also open to any other monitor options that you think would be better than my current monitor. Let me know what you guys think.

Trist_58

Distinguished
Jul 23, 2011
Well you really need to narrow it down to what kind of experience you are looking for.

If you want a really smooth experience (and have the specs to power it) go for one of the 120hz/3D monitors around.

If you are like me and prefer a higher than average resolution for your web surfing/gaming then go for a 1440p IPS or there's the emerging technology of PLS. I use a Samsung SA850 and it's great.

What tipped the scales for me is I needed the higher res and better (true 8bit) colour for my graphic related work but it looks pretty awesome in games too.

There's really a broad range of display tech out there so you gotta decide on what you want and be more specific. Then the people here can give you better advice.

Cheers.

ctrain24

Honorable
Mar 5, 2012
Thanks for the recommendation. I'm looking for something 23 or 24 inches under $400. I want a monitor primarily that can handle the latest games like Battlefield 3, Skyrim, etc. My video card is a Radeon HD 7950.