Dave Arneson's Blackmoor!

Last response: in Video Games
August 9, 2004 7:07:22 PM

Archived from groups: rec.games.frp.dnd,alt.games.adnd (More info?)

For those veteran gamers such as myself:
http://www.goodman-games.com/4500preview.php

The First Fantasy Campaign

Thirty years ago, the world's first fantasy campaign began. Now it's back!
Enter Dave Arneson's Blackmoor, a brooding world of dragons, dungeons, and
danger. After thirty years of development, Blackmoor is ready for your
adventures.

Lead Designer: Dave Arneson
Design Team: Dave Arneson, Dustin Clingman, Jeff Quinn, Richard Pocklington
Cover Artist: Larry Elmore
Cover Design: John Hood
Interior Artists: Allan Alegado, John Hood, Marcio Fiorito, John McSweeny, Steve VanZandt
Cartography: Clayton Bunce, Jeff Quinn

GMG4500, 240 pages, hardback, $34.99

More about : dave arneson blackmoor

Anonymous
August 9, 2004 7:07:23 PM

weberm@polaris.net (Ubiquitous) wrote in message news:<cf83va$asv$1@news.utelfla.com>...
> For those veteran gamers such as myself:
> http://www.goodman-games.com/4500preview.php
>
> The First Fantasy Campaign
>
> Thirty years ago, the world's first fantasy campaign began. Now it's back!
> Enter Dave Arneson's Blackmoor, a brooding world of dragons, dungeons, and
> danger. After thirty years of development, Blackmoor is ready for your
> adventures.
>

> Lead Designer: Dave Arneson
> Design Team: Dave Arneson, Dustin Clingman, Jeff Quinn, Richard Pocklington
> Cover Artist: Larry Elmore
> Cover Design: John Hood
> Interior Artists: Allan Alegado, John Hood, Marcio Fiorito, John McSweeny, Steve VanZandt
> Cartography: Clayton Bunce, Jeff Quinn
>

> GMG4500, 240 pages, hardback, $34.99

I'll stick with my Judge's Guild copy, thank you. ;-p

Ralph Glatt

Member, Old Farts Club
Anonymous
August 10, 2004 9:41:28 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.adnd (More info?)

"Ubiquitous" <weberm@polaris.net> wrote in message
> For those veteran gamers such as myself:
> http://www.goodman-games.com/4500preview.php
>
> The First Fantasy Campaign
>
> Thirty years ago, the world's first fantasy campaign began. Now it's back!
> Enter Dave Arneson's Blackmoor, a brooding world of dragons, dungeons, and
> danger. After thirty years of development, Blackmoor is ready for your
> adventures.
>

> Lead Designer: Dave Arneson
> Design Team: Dave Arneson, Dustin Clingman, Jeff Quinn, Richard
Pocklington
> Cover Artist: Larry Elmore
> Cover Design: John Hood
> Interior Artists: Allan Alegado, John Hood, Marcio Fiorito, John McSweeny,
Steve VanZandt
> Cartography: Clayton Bunce, Jeff Quinn
>

> GMG4500, 240 pages, hardback, $34.99

Ahhh, I just stick with my 1st/2nd Edition version of the game... I'm not
the slightest bit fond of 3.?E.

--
Tarrax Ironwolf
psyberwolfREM@VEiwon.com

---
August 10, 2004 11:40:05 PM

In rec.games.frp.dnd Ralph Glatt <julian814@hotmail.com> wrote:

: I'll stick with my Judge's Guild copy, thank you. ;-p

You old fart! :-)
Anonymous
August 11, 2004 7:12:11 AM

> In rec.games.frp.dnd Ralph Glatt <julian814@hotmail.com> wrote:
>
> : I'll stick with my Judge's Guild copy, thank you. ;-p
>
> You old fart! :-)

Hey! I resemble^H^H^H^Hnt that. ;^)

--
zimriel sbc dot
at global net

Archived from groups: rec.games.frp.dnd,alt.games.adnd (More info?)

>> : I'll stick with my Judge's Guild copy, thank you. ;-p

Each to his own! I can't wait to get my hands on the D20 sourcebook! :D

Havard
Anonymous
August 12, 2004 1:20:45 AM

Archived from groups: rec.games.frp.dnd,alt.games.adnd (More info?)

Ralph Glatt, worshipped by llamas the world over, wrote...
> weberm@polaris.net (Ubiquitous) wrote in message news:<cf83va$asv$1@news.utelfla.com>...
> > For those veteran gamers such as myself:
> > http://www.goodman-games.com/4500preview.php
> >
> > The First Fantasy Campaign
> >
> > Thirty years ago, the world's first fantasy campaign began. Now it's back!
> > Enter Dave Arneson's Blackmoor, a brooding world of dragons, dungeons, and
> > danger. After thirty years of development, Blackmoor is ready for your
> > adventures.
> >

> > Lead Designer: Dave Arneson
> > Design Team: Dave Arneson, Dustin Clingman, Jeff Quinn, Richard Pocklington
> > Cover Artist: Larry Elmore
> > Cover Design: John Hood
> > Interior Artists: Allan Alegado, John Hood, Marcio Fiorito, John McSweeny, Steve VanZandt
> > Cartography: Clayton Bunce, Jeff Quinn
> >

> > GMG4500, 240 pages, hardback, $34.99
>
> I'll stick with my Judge's Guild copy, thank you. ;-p

I don't think Judge's Guild ever published Blackmoor...

--
Let's not let this drift into a topic about playing your alignment. I
have too much to do to be able to properly ridicule and post whore.

In article <MPG.1b8449ac47f7058a989e67@news.easynews.com>, oh@s.if wrote:

>I don't think Judge's Guild ever published Blackmoor...

JG0037 The First Fantasy Campaign
http://members.tripod.com/MBoone/jg0037.jpg

ISLAM: Winning the hearts and minds of the world, one bomb at a time.
Anonymous
August 12, 2004 7:18:23 AM

Archived from groups: rec.games.frp.dnd,alt.games.adnd (More info?)

Mere moments before death, Jeff Heikkinen hastily scrawled:
>Ralph Glatt, worshipped by llamas the world over, wrote...
>> weberm@polaris.net (Ubiquitous) wrote in message news:<cf83va$asv$1@news.utelfla.com>...
>> > For those veteran gamers such as myself:
>> > http://www.goodman-games.com/4500preview.php
>> >
>> > The First Fantasy Campaign
>> >
>> > Thirty years ago, the world's first fantasy campaign began. Now it's back!
>> > Enter Dave Arneson's Blackmoor, a brooding world of dragons, dungeons, and
>> > danger. After thirty years of development, Blackmoor is ready for your
>> > adventures.
>> >

>> > Lead Designer: Dave Arneson
>> > Design Team: Dave Arneson, Dustin Clingman, Jeff Quinn, Richard Pocklington
>> > Cover Artist: Larry Elmore
>> > Cover Design: John Hood
>> > Interior Artists: Allan Alegado, John Hood, Marcio Fiorito, John McSweeny, Steve VanZandt
>> > Cartography: Clayton Bunce, Jeff Quinn
>> >

>> > GMG4500, 240 pages, hardback, $34.99
>>
>> I'll stick with my Judge's Guild copy, thank you. ;-p
>
>I don't think Judge's Guild ever published Blackmoor...

JG0037 The First Fantasy Campaign

http://members.tripod.com/MBoone/jg0037.jpg

Ed Chauvin IV

modifier G @ 11.

--Terry Austin
Anonymous
August 12, 2004 6:54:53 PM

hoc@nvg.ntnu.no (Håvard Faanes) wrote in message news:<slrnchkiu0.7q2.hoc@tyrell.nvg.ntnu.no>...
> >> : I'll stick with my Judge's Guild copy, thank you. ;-p
>
> Each to his own! I can't wait to get my hands on the D20 sourcebook! :D

It's not all that hard to convert the Judge's Guild copy to 3.5, or
any game, for that matter. It was more or less a collection of Dave's
notes.

Ralph Glatt

Member, Old Farts Club
Anonymous
August 13, 2004 6:31:45 PM

Ralph Glatt wrote:
>It's not all that hard to convert the Judge's Guild copy to 3.5, or
>any game, for that matter. It was more or less a collection of Dave's
>notes.

True I suppose. I just got my hands on FCC yesterday (whee!). Still, I
wouldnt mind seeing the updated product, not just for the rules but for
other contents aswell. I really liked the previews over at
www.zeitgeistgames.com and I know there are some really good people who
have been working on this book, in addition to Dave himself approving it
all.

Havard
Anonymous
August 13, 2004 8:25:35 PM

hoc@nvg.ntnu.no (Håvard Faanes) wrote in message news:<slrnchpk6g.okj.hoc@tyrell.nvg.ntnu.no>...
> Ralph Glatt wrote:
> >It's not all that hard to convert the Judge's Guild copy to 3.5, or
> >any game, for that matter. It was more or less a collection of Dave's
> >notes.
>
> True I suppose. I just got my hands on FCC yesterday (whee!). Still, I
> wouldnt mind seeing the updated product, not just for the rules but for
> other contents aswell. I really liked the previews over at
> www.zeitgeistgames.com and I know there are some really good people who
> have been working on this book, in addition to Dave himself approving it
> all.

Well, if you have the money for it, more power to you! It's just that
I already have it from my 1st edition days, and I see little reason to
fork over more money for an updated version. Not only am I an old
fart, I'm also a cheap bastard! ;-)

Ralph Glatt

Member, Old Farts Club
Anonymous
August 14, 2004 3:55:26 AM

Archived from groups: rec.games.frp.dnd,alt.games.adnd (More info?)

Re: Dave Arneson's Blackmoor!

Anyone check this out? How is it? What about the
other Goodman Games
stuff, like Dungeon Crawl and Complete Guides?

--
^v^v^Malachias Invictus^v^v^

It matters not how strait the gate,
How charged with punishment the scroll,
I am the Master of my fate:
I am the Captain of my soul.

August 15, 2004 1:22:27 AM

Archived from groups: rec.games.frp.dnd,alt.games.adnd (More info?)

In article <OxcTc.3901$mD.2616@attbi_s02>, capt_malachias@hotmail.com
wrote:

>Anyone check this out? How is it? What about the
>other Goodman Games stuff, like Dungeon Crawl and Complete Guides?

Quite frankly, I am very leary of third-party products, unless
it's from a decent designer.

ISLAM: Winning the hearts and minds of the world, one bomb at a time.
Anonymous
September 16, 2004 8:04:00 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.adnd,rec.games.frp.dnd (More info?)

In article <ceZRc.2274$Y94.906@newssvr33.news.prodigy.com>,
psyberwolf@ameritech.net wrote:
>"Ubiquitous" <weberm@polaris.net> wrote:

>> For those veteran gamers such as myself:
>> http://www.goodman-games.com/4500preview.php
>>
>> The First Fantasy Campaign
>>
>> Thirty years ago, the world's first fantasy campaign began. Now it's back!
>> Enter Dave Arneson's Blackmoor, a brooding world of dragons, dungeons, and
>> danger. After thirty years of development, Blackmoor is ready for your
>> adventures.
>
>Ahhh, I just stick with my 1st/2nd Edition version of the game... I'm not
>the slightest bit fond of 3.?E.

Interested in buying some used 1st and 2nd edition D&D materials?

ISLAM: Winning the hearts and minds of the world, one bomb at a time.
!