Dave Arneson's Blackmoor!

Archived from groups: rec.games.frp.dnd,alt.games.adnd (More info?)

For those veteran gamers such as myself:
http://www.goodman-games.com/4500preview.php

The First Fantasy Campaign

Thirty years ago, the world's first fantasy campaign began. Now it's back!
Enter Dave Arneson's Blackmoor, a brooding world of dragons, dungeons, and
danger. After thirty years of development, Blackmoor is ready for your
adventures.

Lead Designer: Dave Arneson
Design Team: Dave Arneson, Dustin Clingman, Jeff Quinn, Richard Pocklington
Cover Artist: Larry Elmore
Cover Design: John Hood
Interior Artists: Allan Alegado, John Hood, Marcio Fiorito, John McSweeny, Steve VanZandt
Cartography: Clayton Bunce, Jeff Quinn

GMG4500, 240 pages, hardback, $34.99
14 answers Last reply
More about dave arneson blackmoor
  1. Archived from groups: rec.games.frp.dnd,alt.games.adnd (More info?)

    weberm@polaris.net (Ubiquitous) wrote in message news:<cf83va$asv$1@news.utelfla.com>...
    > For those veteran gamers such as myself:
    > http://www.goodman-games.com/4500preview.php
    >
    > The First Fantasy Campaign
    >
    > Thirty years ago, the world's first fantasy campaign began. Now it's back!
    > Enter Dave Arneson's Blackmoor, a brooding world of dragons, dungeons, and
    > danger. After thirty years of development, Blackmoor is ready for your
    > adventures.
    >

    > Lead Designer: Dave Arneson
    > Design Team: Dave Arneson, Dustin Clingman, Jeff Quinn, Richard Pocklington
    > Cover Artist: Larry Elmore
    > Cover Design: John Hood
    > Interior Artists: Allan Alegado, John Hood, Marcio Fiorito, John McSweeny, Steve VanZandt
    > Cartography: Clayton Bunce, Jeff Quinn
    >

    > GMG4500, 240 pages, hardback, $34.99

    I'll stick with my Judge's Guild copy, thank you. ;-p

    Ralph Glatt

    Member, Old Farts Club
  2. Archived from groups: alt.games.adnd (More info?)

    "Ubiquitous" <weberm@polaris.net> wrote in message
    > For those veteran gamers such as myself:
    > http://www.goodman-games.com/4500preview.php
    >
    > The First Fantasy Campaign
    >
    > Thirty years ago, the world's first fantasy campaign began. Now it's back!
    > Enter Dave Arneson's Blackmoor, a brooding world of dragons, dungeons, and
    > danger. After thirty years of development, Blackmoor is ready for your
    > adventures.
    >

    > Lead Designer: Dave Arneson
    > Design Team: Dave Arneson, Dustin Clingman, Jeff Quinn, Richard
    Pocklington
    > Cover Artist: Larry Elmore
    > Cover Design: John Hood
    > Interior Artists: Allan Alegado, John Hood, Marcio Fiorito, John McSweeny,
    Steve VanZandt
    > Cartography: Clayton Bunce, Jeff Quinn
    >

    > GMG4500, 240 pages, hardback, $34.99

    Ahhh, I just stick with my 1st/2nd Edition version of the game... I'm not
    the slightest bit fond of 3.?E.

    --
    Tarrax Ironwolf
    psyberwolfREM@VEiwon.com

    ---
  3. Archived from groups: rec.games.frp.dnd,alt.games.adnd (More info?)

    In rec.games.frp.dnd Ralph Glatt <julian814@hotmail.com> wrote:

    : I'll stick with my Judge's Guild copy, thank you. ;-p

    You old fart! :-)
  4. Archived from groups: rec.games.frp.dnd,alt.games.adnd (More info?)

    > In rec.games.frp.dnd Ralph Glatt <julian814@hotmail.com> wrote:
    >
    > : I'll stick with my Judge's Guild copy, thank you. ;-p
    >
    > You old fart! :-)

    Hey! I resemble^H^H^H^Hnt that. ;^)

    --
    zimriel sbc dot
    at global net

    >> : I'll stick with my Judge's Guild copy, thank you. ;-p

    Each to his own! I can't wait to get my hands on the D20 sourcebook! :D

    Havard
  6. Archived from groups: rec.games.frp.dnd,alt.games.adnd (More info?)

    Ralph Glatt, worshipped by llamas the world over, wrote...
    > weberm@polaris.net (Ubiquitous) wrote in message news:<cf83va$asv$1@news.utelfla.com>...
    > > For those veteran gamers such as myself:
    > > http://www.goodman-games.com/4500preview.php
    > >
    > > The First Fantasy Campaign
    > >
    > > Thirty years ago, the world's first fantasy campaign began. Now it's back!
    > > Enter Dave Arneson's Blackmoor, a brooding world of dragons, dungeons, and
    > > danger. After thirty years of development, Blackmoor is ready for your
    > > adventures.
    > >

    > > Lead Designer: Dave Arneson
    > > Design Team: Dave Arneson, Dustin Clingman, Jeff Quinn, Richard Pocklington
    > > Cover Artist: Larry Elmore
    > > Cover Design: John Hood
    > > Interior Artists: Allan Alegado, John Hood, Marcio Fiorito, John McSweeny, Steve VanZandt
    > > Cartography: Clayton Bunce, Jeff Quinn
    > >

    > > GMG4500, 240 pages, hardback, $34.99
    >
    > I'll stick with my Judge's Guild copy, thank you. ;-p

    I don't think Judge's Guild ever published Blackmoor...

    --
    Let's not let this drift into a topic about playing your alignment. I
    have too much to do to be able to properly ridicule and post whore.

    In article <MPG.1b8449ac47f7058a989e67@news.easynews.com>, oh@s.if wrote:

    >I don't think Judge's Guild ever published Blackmoor...

    JG0037 The First Fantasy Campaign
    http://members.tripod.com/MBoone/jg0037.jpg

    ISLAM: Winning the hearts and minds of the world, one bomb at a time.
  8. Archived from groups: rec.games.frp.dnd,alt.games.adnd (More info?)

    Mere moments before death, Jeff Heikkinen hastily scrawled:
    >Ralph Glatt, worshipped by llamas the world over, wrote...
    >> weberm@polaris.net (Ubiquitous) wrote in message news:<cf83va$asv$1@news.utelfla.com>...
    >> > For those veteran gamers such as myself:
    >> > http://www.goodman-games.com/4500preview.php
    >> >
    >> > The First Fantasy Campaign
    >> >
    >> > Thirty years ago, the world's first fantasy campaign began. Now it's back!
    >> > Enter Dave Arneson's Blackmoor, a brooding world of dragons, dungeons, and
    >> > danger. After thirty years of development, Blackmoor is ready for your
    >> > adventures.
    >> >

    >> > Lead Designer: Dave Arneson
    >> > Design Team: Dave Arneson, Dustin Clingman, Jeff Quinn, Richard Pocklington
    >> > Cover Artist: Larry Elmore
    >> > Cover Design: John Hood
    >> > Interior Artists: Allan Alegado, John Hood, Marcio Fiorito, John McSweeny, Steve VanZandt
    >> > Cartography: Clayton Bunce, Jeff Quinn
    >> >

    >> > GMG4500, 240 pages, hardback, $34.99
    >>
    >> I'll stick with my Judge's Guild copy, thank you. ;-p
    >
    >I don't think Judge's Guild ever published Blackmoor...

    JG0037 The First Fantasy Campaign

    http://members.tripod.com/MBoone/jg0037.jpg

    Ed Chauvin IV

    modifier G @ 11.

    --Terry Austin
  9. Archived from groups: rec.games.frp.dnd,alt.games.adnd (More info?)

    hoc@nvg.ntnu.no (Håvard Faanes) wrote in message news:<slrnchkiu0.7q2.hoc@tyrell.nvg.ntnu.no>...
    > >> : I'll stick with my Judge's Guild copy, thank you. ;-p
    >
    > Each to his own! I can't wait to get my hands on the D20 sourcebook! :D

    It's not all that hard to convert the Judge's Guild copy to 3.5, or
    any game, for that matter. It was more or less a collection of Dave's
    notes.

    Ralph Glatt

    Member, Old Farts Club
  10. Archived from groups: rec.games.frp.dnd,alt.games.adnd (More info?)

    Ralph Glatt wrote:
    >It's not all that hard to convert the Judge's Guild copy to 3.5, or
    >any game, for that matter. It was more or less a collection of Dave's
    >notes.

    True I suppose. I just got my hands on FCC yesterday (whee!). Still, I
    wouldnt mind seeing the updated product, not just for the rules but for
    other contents aswell. I really liked the previews over at
    www.zeitgeistgames.com and I know there are some really good people who
    have been working on this book, in addition to Dave himself approving it
    all.

    Havard
  11. Archived from groups: rec.games.frp.dnd,alt.games.adnd (More info?)

    hoc@nvg.ntnu.no (Håvard Faanes) wrote in message news:<slrnchpk6g.okj.hoc@tyrell.nvg.ntnu.no>...
    > Ralph Glatt wrote:
    > >It's not all that hard to convert the Judge's Guild copy to 3.5, or
    > >any game, for that matter. It was more or less a collection of Dave's
    > >notes.
    >
    > True I suppose. I just got my hands on FCC yesterday (whee!). Still, I
    > wouldnt mind seeing the updated product, not just for the rules but for
    > other contents aswell. I really liked the previews over at
    > www.zeitgeistgames.com and I know there are some really good people who
    > have been working on this book, in addition to Dave himself approving it
    > all.

    Well, if you have the money for it, more power to you! It's just that
    I already have it from my 1st edition days, and I see little reason to
    fork over more money for an updated version. Not only am I an old
    fart, I'm also a cheap bastard! ;-)

    Ralph Glatt

    Member, Old Farts Club
  12. Archived from groups: rec.games.frp.dnd,alt.games.adnd (More info?)

    Re: Dave Arneson's Blackmoor!

    Anyone check this out? How is it? What about the
    other Goodman Games
    stuff, like Dungeon Crawl and Complete Guides?

    --
    ^v^v^Malachias Invictus^v^v^

    It matters not how strait the gate,
    How charged with punishment the scroll,
    I am the Master of my fate:
    I am the Captain of my soul.

  13. Archived from groups: rec.games.frp.dnd,alt.games.adnd (More info?)

    In article <OxcTc.3901$mD.2616@attbi_s02>, capt_malachias@hotmail.com
    wrote:

    >Anyone check this out? How is it? What about the
    >other Goodman Games stuff, like Dungeon Crawl and Complete Guides?

    Quite frankly, I am very leary of third-party products, unless
    it's from a decent designer.

    ISLAM: Winning the hearts and minds of the world, one bomb at a time.
  14. Archived from groups: alt.games.adnd,rec.games.frp.dnd (More info?)

    In article <ceZRc.2274$Y94.906@newssvr33.news.prodigy.com>,
    psyberwolf@ameritech.net wrote:
    >"Ubiquitous" <weberm@polaris.net> wrote:

    >> For those veteran gamers such as myself:
    >> http://www.goodman-games.com/4500preview.php
    >>
    >> The First Fantasy Campaign
    >>
    >> Thirty years ago, the world's first fantasy campaign began. Now it's back!
    >> Enter Dave Arneson's Blackmoor, a brooding world of dragons, dungeons, and
    >> danger. After thirty years of development, Blackmoor is ready for your
    >> adventures.
    >
    >Ahhh, I just stick with my 1st/2nd Edition version of the game... I'm not
    >the slightest bit fond of 3.?E.

    Interested in buying some used 1st and 2nd edition D&D materials?

    ISLAM: Winning the hearts and minds of the world, one bomb at a time.

Development Games Video Games