Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Windows 7 'Fade' effeact turns into a black screen for about 1-3 sec

Last response: in Windows 7
April 30, 2010 10:49:53 PM

Hi, i just install windows 7 onto my computer. I have had problem after problem getting it to work and the service on microsoft is terrible!

I know this is a really small problem but it really bugs me :) . So when i press Ctrl Alt Delete it goes to a black screen instead of fading out. The time that it stays there varies, and i didnt have this problem when i first installed windows. To my knowledge is suposed to fade out to the screen that gives you those options, not give you a black screen even if its for 1/2 a sec to 4 seconds.

I know small problem but im tired of things not working (And a fresh install has been done many a time-maybe 4). Its been really a hassle!

Thanks Ahead! :hello:  :pt1cable: 

Best solution

April 30, 2010 11:19:00 PM

i have a brand new laptop with windows 7 professional and discrete graphics (NVS 3100M). it doesn't fade, it flashes black and the options show up. I haven't made any alterations to this laptop yet. Are you SURE it's supposed to fade?
April 30, 2010 11:49:02 PM

I thought so, but if not, then its not supposed to... I really did think it did :( . Maybe im going nutz! :) 
m
l
Related resources
April 30, 2010 11:50:13 PM

My Specs:

P4 3.2 GHZ
9600GT
3GB RAM
1TB Total Internal HDD Space

Just to put that out there... :) 
m
l
May 1, 2010 4:35:17 AM

On mine, Ctrl Alt Delete goes to a black screen for an instant (<< 1 second) before bringing up the options. I don't think it is supposed to fade.
m
l
May 4, 2010 1:10:02 AM

Ok thanks for the Confirmation, just checking to see if that was something that really happened! :) 
m
l
May 19, 2010 6:08:35 AM

Best answer selected by gidgiddonihah.
m
l
!