Install error on hp pavillion a1412n

I am trying to install windows 7 on my hp pavillion a1412n. The cd loads, but I never get to the install menu, because of a hardware error. It says I need to remove anything plugged into the computer, but nothing is plugged in.i updated the bios to the latest version, and tried the install with many different hard drives. I tried googling it but I can't find a answer.
5 answers Last reply
More about install error pavillion a1412n
  1. When you updated the bios, you may have crashed it.
  2. What is currently plugged into the computer?

The only things you need to reinstall with are keyboard, mouse, monitor, power cord.

I noticed this computer has a card reader on the front. Go into the BIOS and turn it off for now until the reinstall is finished.
  3. I tried to instal if before I update the bios. The only thing plugged in is the keyboard an the monitor. On the inside its the cd drive and the hard drive. I will try to install it with the card reader turned off.
  4. Remove hdd from laptop. insert in desktop .install os .at the first time restart shutdown system. insert hdd in laptop no need cd. installation automatically complete success.
  5. I don't understand what you want me to do. I tried installing with out the card reader installed bit that didn't work
Ask a new question

Read More

Windows 7 Hewlett Packard CD-Rom