Sign in with
Your question

Install error on hp pavillion a1412n

Last response: in Windows 7
January 4, 2013 12:50:05 AM

I am trying to install windows 7 on my hp pavillion a1412n. The cd loads, but I never get to the install menu, because of a hardware error. It says I need to remove anything plugged into the computer, but nothing is plugged in.i updated the bios to the latest version, and tried the install with many different hard drives. I tried googling it but I can't find a answer.
a b $ Windows 7
January 4, 2013 1:23:36 AM

When you updated the bios, you may have crashed it.
a b $ Windows 7
January 4, 2013 1:26:00 AM

What is currently plugged into the computer?

The only things you need to reinstall with are keyboard, mouse, monitor, power cord.

I noticed this computer has a card reader on the front. Go into the BIOS and turn it off for now until the reinstall is finished.
Related resources
January 4, 2013 10:01:29 AM

I tried to instal if before I update the bios. The only thing plugged in is the keyboard an the monitor. On the inside its the cd drive and the hard drive. I will try to install it with the card reader turned off.
a b $ Windows 7
January 4, 2013 10:29:01 AM

Remove hdd from laptop. insert in desktop .install os .at the first time restart shutdown system. insert hdd in laptop no need cd. installation automatically complete success.
January 4, 2013 6:11:53 PM

I don't understand what you want me to do. I tried installing with out the card reader installed bit that didn't work
!