Sign in with
Your question

MS wireless mouse 1058 lagging

Last response: in Windows 7
January 4, 2013 1:20:05 AM

After installed Window 7 on my PC, my wireless MS model 1058 start lagging. I have changed batteries on both without any improvement. Can it be fixed? Thanks

Bob Yang at kwalian@gmail.com
a b $ Windows 7
January 4, 2013 1:20:55 AM

What kind of surface are you using it on?
January 11, 2013 12:37:02 AM

hedwar2011 said:

On a blue colored mouse pad.
Related resources
January 18, 2013 12:24:14 AM

hedwar2011 said:

I am using it on a blue colored mouse pad. Also my key board is a little bit lagging too.
a b $ Windows 7
January 18, 2013 12:27:44 AM

Bob Yang said:
I am using it on a blue colored mouse pad. Also my key board is a little bit lagging too.

Is there anything close to the devices such as a cordless telephone (biggest culprit), wireless router, microwave, etc??

If so, move them away and see if that helps.

If not, are they lagging in every program you use or just certain ones?
January 18, 2013 1:45:02 PM

hedwar2011 said:
Is there anything close to the devices such as a cordless telephone (biggest culprit), wireless router, microwave, etc??

It is lagging in every program. This morning I disconnected the wireless mouse and connected a wired mouse and getting the same result. I have a cordless telephone in the same TV room where my HTPC is, but the phone is further away than the wireless/keyboard USB adapter. The HTPC, (with window 7), is sitting on the same bench where my AV receiver, center speaker and external hard drives are. Before this new HTPC, I had another HTPC running window XP in the same location. I didn't have this lagging problem
January 19, 2013 7:19:23 PM

hedwar2011 said:

Further to my previous email, I moved my HTPC away from the AV bench today, about 16 ft., and the wireless mouse is working properly without lagging. Your suspicion that any WIFI devices may cause it solved my problem. However what is the cause of it, I still don't know, because the same location I had my old HTPC running on window XP. It didn't have this mouse lagging problem. Anyway I thank you very much for the hint.

Bob
January 29, 2013 12:10:54 PM

I manged to isolated the mouse/keyboard lagging to HDMI cable from on-board video out to my AV receiver input handshake problem. I found out by connecting HDMI cable directly to HDTV and no lagging. I am thinking of installing a graphic card may solve this lagging problem, but not so sure about it. Any comments?
!