Consistent unresponsive apps and system bugginess

FattyPatty

Distinguished
Dec 19, 2011
I've had a few problems for the past 2-3 weeks-ish and i can't find any solutions, the problem consists of whenever i get into the operating system to the desktop it will load in increments ill set there for a little while and say for example my drivers that make my mouse run and say core temp at start-up wont launch for about 30 seconds but when they do they launch together it also doesn't load any of my removable drives during this time either. I've had general slowness of windows.exe when i go into documents it takes 5-7 seconds to load you can see the bar up at the top moving along like grandma on a walker. Steam has also been affected quite terribly it goes unresponsive when i try to download or do anything really in fact i can't launch it right now it just won't after i sign in it connects then goes unresponsive and closes. My mother board logo at the beginning of turning on my PC also has been slowed takes 20-30 seconds now used to take 3-5 no bios options have been changed for the logo.

I'm running my OS on a crucial M4 64gb with the firmware update i believe ill have to check and all my apps are on a 1tb WD black

Space wise the SSD is at 9 gigs free and the HDD is at 300gigs free

My system consists of:
mobo: x79 sabertooth
CPU: I7 3820 @ 4.3ghz 1.210v VTT@auto
mem: G.skill 16gb [4x4] 1600mhz 11-11-11-24-1 volts on auto
GPU: GTX 680 reference:( @ stock clocks & volts
Storage: Crucial M4 64gb for OS and small apps, WD BLACK 1TB for games & big apps, and Seagate something 1tb 7200rpm for backup
PSU: Corsair AX850W sexiness

I've checked all plugins and everything is fine i built the system in march and this problem is new i suspect the motherboard bios which i have stock its a rev 0906 i believe but i'm not too sure ill update it here in a bit along with the SSD.

I use Microsoft Security Essentials for security and i have ran full system scans with that and malwarebytes i run CCleaner every week and so fourth.

So im lost in what to do assistance is needed this is unusable in this state.

It's basically two things:
1. Change the motherboard to a different brand. Forget Asus.
2. Your hard drive is too big. a 1TB drive is as slow as a snail.
Two drives: The first drive is small and fast, like 70 GB velociraptor. Install the OS and programs on the small fast drive. Set the drive to boot first, in the bios
Second drive: 1TB, use to store personal files, music, documents, pictures. Do not put the OS on the 1 TB drive.
Do not put personal files on the fast small OS drive, either. Keep them separated. OS on fast drive. Personal files on 1 TB drive.
Now you rock.

Now, listen to what I am saying. Don't use free software from the internet. Don't use CC cleaner, or anything like that. You will only make it worse.
Windows needs NOTHING to run but windows. Use a professional all in one security system, not free downloads from internet.
There is NOTHING you need to install to make your system run correctly. It's JUST windows.

If you follow my advice your computer will run much faster, and it will have far fewer problems.

FattyPatty

Distinguished
Dec 19, 2011
First of all my OS is on the SSD as i said in the initial post and the second drive is for the big files including steam with 600gigs in it and they are separated. I was using Nortan for a year and it was nice but the Security essentials is free and not 70 dollars a year and does the same job as i have used it for the past 2 months and no problems security wise. I use CCleaner to clean up all the temp files and cookies and whatnot through all my drives because its faster to do all of them in one go rather then manually doing them 1 at a time, it also has an option to clean out the registry entry's that aren't connected to anything which is a hell of alot faster then doing it yourself. The WD 1tb 7200rpm has a 200mb read and a 150mb write the SSD has a 400 read and a 330 write they are both pretty fast just the HDD reading is like a freaking jet taking off DB wise. The motherboard is a fantastic motherboard and has a 5 year warranty brand loyalty or disloyalty is dumb in my opinion. On a side note Asus has been doing this for about 24 years now so I'd say they know what their doing.

On the main note you didn't make a effort to answer the question at hand i said that this problem has recently started happening and that the system is "UNRESPONSIVE" as in the programs INCLUDING WINDOWS.EXE randomly start and stop responding, nothing to do with the system running slow its not a hardware problem its a software problem.