CPU usage 100%

FC360

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2010
I have noticed at times task manager says that cpu usage is 100% however when I double click task manager and sort the process by cpu usage there is no high cpu using processes, and them all added together don't equal anywhere near 100% even if the bottom of the task manager says cpu usage: 100% Why is this?

Solution
Look at the CPU graphs under the "Performance" tab. CPU usage by normal tasks is shown as a green line. CPU usage by the kernel is shown as a red line.

Since you're saying that you've got 100% CPU usage but it's not showing up in any process, I'm guessing that you've got a graph that shows a red line?

If so, your system may be handling an excessive amount of interrupts. One possible cause of this might be a disk that's running in PIO instead of DMA mode.
Look at the CPU graphs under the "Performance" tab. CPU usage by normal tasks is shown as a green line. CPU usage by the kernel is shown as a red line.

Since you're saying that you've got 100% CPU usage but it's not showing up in any process, I'm guessing that you've got a graph that shows a red line?

If so, your system may be handling an excessive amount of interrupts. One possible cause of this might be a disk that's running in PIO instead of DMA mode.

Solution

desh2neel

Honorable
Apr 14, 2013
hello
i m also facing same prob of 100 % cpu usage by some unkown process and my device gettin slower n sounds r cracking wen cpu usage shoot up .......
kindly gimme some solution
ran full antivirus scan but nothin s there ...