I am trying to find a decent laptop to be used at home as 2nd computer (desktop PC was bought last year and due to good selection of components, part of which were suggested here, it's still superb).
What I want to have in laptop - it will be mostly used by my GF:
- screen should be bigger than 16" - perhaps I will settle for 15,4" in case everything else is OK
- I want a good CPU capable of running Windows 7 as well as some games like SC2 (if I ever decide to play on the laptop I want to be able to do so)
- Which of course means I'd like a rather good graphics card - something like Mobility Radeon 5650 or stronger
- The disk size is not an issue. 7200 rpm would be very much appreciated
- USB 3.0 is also high on my list - if there's a laptop which will satisfy all of the above I may choose to skip this
- nice looks would help
Now the price, I understand prices which you will have will be significantly lower than what I'll have to pay in Croatia for the same laptop. Let's make the price limit of 1.100 USD.
I have been checking myself but so far have not found any laptop with all of the above.
As I don't have experience with the number of cores in the laptops and the heating issues nor the speed in GHz, I will have to rely on your advices.