Sign in with
Your question

Abit KT-7 Raid & Athlon 1.2ghz

Tags:
  • CPUs
  • NAS / RAID
Last response: in CPUs
January 6, 2001 2:25:43 AM

To anyone who has an Abit KT-7 Raid & an Athlon 1.2ghz, please give me some feedback about it. Thanks!

More about : abit raid athlon 2ghz

January 6, 2001 5:56:12 AM

Hmm, what can I say? it runs hot all the time, I have had nothing but compatibility issues with the motherboard since day one.... To run video cards stable, you will need to disable all the stuff that is meant to make it better like AGP4X and Fast writes... I mean whats the freaking big deal to have these features if the motherboard is the biggest piece of crap that it cant support these in real life setups... I dont give a rats ass what they can pull off in their testing center, but when 90% of all people that run Nvidia graphics cards with the Abit board half to turn off these features to run stable, then that should set off red flags. I am so sick of my system I question why i even upgraded from my pentium 350... Hell, its running stable in Linux right now and I use the pentium even more so than I do this piece of crap that freezes whenever it feels like it. Enough of my rant. have fun with the KT7 Raid and the Athlon. Hope to god you are on eof the lucky ones and you will have no troubles with it. Peace!
Anonymous
a b à CPUs
January 6, 2001 10:37:23 AM

holy moses... you were a happy fellow...

Well I dont have this setup, yet... (ganna buy it when they upgrade to 133mhz fsb and 686b southbridge or northbridge or whatever...)
And you, the happy fellow, heat can be sucked or blown out of your case with some good fans... but maybe you allready have more fans money can buy... I dont know...

<b>Voodoo</b><i>Child</i> :cool:
Related resources
January 6, 2001 1:18:38 PM

I have an Abit KT7-RAID and a Tbird 900. Runs rock solid, better then my old Celeron 450 BX based system. I have an Nvidia card (Geforce MX), no problems. Just be sure to use the latest drivers from VIA, not the ones that come with the board.

Until the latest 4 in 1 drivers (4.26), I had to use the VIA AGP driver in standard mode. Turbo mode caused lockups. Since I installed 4.26 (in TURBO mode), I have a 20% increase in frame rates, and no stability issues.
January 6, 2001 4:44:26 PM

well, is it gonna be more stable if you run a 1ghz athlon on Abit kt7 raid? Because i'm planning to get one of those!(i was gonna get the 1.2ghz but since most of you have problem with it therefore i'd take it back) And since I don't wanna waste my time on those compatibility, stability and heat problem.
!