broadband capatibility issue

last night I downloaded and update to my lap-top Windows
XP Home addition, now I can no longer access internet..
I get a mess saying that there is a known compatibility
issue with this new version.. my wireless network is a
MN500
2 answers Last reply
More about broadband capatibility issue

    The compatibility issue is with the BNU, not the firmware on the router, but
    there is an update here:
    http://www.microsoft.com/hardware/broadbandnetworking/10_DLoadMain.mspx You
    can safely uninstall the BNU and administer the base station from within
    your browser by simply putting the base station IP in the address line.
    --
    Chris H.
    Microsoft Windows MVP/Tablet PC

    "Bruce Hutchison" <hutchisonb@bell> wrote in message
    > last night I downloaded and update to my lap-top Windows
    > XP Home addition, now I can no longer access internet..
    > I get a mess saying that there is a known compatibility
    > issue with this new version.. my wireless network is a
    > MN500

    After installing SP2 on my XP, my MS Wireless still worked
    but I kept getting a window that stated it had a
    compatibity issue with this version of Windows and
    referred me to the MS Wireless Website:
    http://www.microsoft.com/hardware/BroadbandNetworking/AutoU
    pdate2/CheckUpdates.asp There you need to download and
    install the update containing the Broadband Network
    Utility, USB Adapter MN-510 Drive, Base Station MN-500
    Bootware, and the Base Station MN-500 Runtime
    Firmware......Use "Open" rather than "Save" when prompted
    in the File Download. You have a problem getting the
    Network Utility to update properly like me......my icon on
    my Taskbar disappeared and I couldn't bring it up in the
    Start menu. So, I had to then download the MS Broadband
    Setup software from the MS Broadband Website.....couldn't
    use my CD because my computer had a later version
    installed. I installed the software as if I were
    installing a USB Adapter for the first time. Now my
    wireless network works perfect with XP Pro SP2. "Where
    there's a will, there's way"! TomW

Routers Broadband Networking