broadband capatibility issue

last night I downloaded and update to my lap-top Windows
XP Home addition, now I can no longer access internet..
I get a mess saying that there is a known compatibility
issue with this new version.. my wireless network is a
MN500

The compatibility issue is with the BNU, not the firmware on the router, but
there is an update here:
http://www.microsoft.com/hardware/broadbandnetworking/10_DLoadMain.mspx You
can safely uninstall the BNU and administer the base station from within
your browser by simply putting the base station IP in the address line.
--
Chris H.
Microsoft Windows MVP/Tablet PC

"Bruce Hutchison" <hutchisonb@bell> wrote in message
> last night I downloaded and update to my lap-top Windows
> XP Home addition, now I can no longer access internet..
> I get a mess saying that there is a known compatibility
> issue with this new version.. my wireless network is a
> MN500

After installing SP2 on my XP, my MS Wireless still worked
but I kept getting a window that stated it had a
compatibity issue with this version of Windows and
referred me to the MS Wireless Website:
http://www.microsoft.com/hardware/BroadbandNetworking/AutoU
pdate2/CheckUpdates.asp There you need to download and
install the update containing the Broadband Network
Utility, USB Adapter MN-510 Drive, Base Station MN-500
Bootware, and the Base Station MN-500 Runtime
Firmware......Use "Open" rather than "Save" when prompted
in the File Download. You have a problem getting the
Network Utility to update properly like me......my icon on
my Taskbar disappeared and I couldn't bring it up in the
Start menu. So, I had to then download the MS Broadband
Setup software from the MS Broadband Website.....couldn't
use my CD because my computer had a later version
installed. I installed the software as if I were
installing a USB Adapter for the first time. Now my
wireless network works perfect with XP Pro SP2. "Where
there's a will, there's way"! TomW