Status
Not open for further replies.

sas007

Distinguished
Nov 26, 2010
Hello,

i plan to purchase new XPS with these Features:
Silver Anodized Aluminum 15.6" HD (720p) WLED Display
Intel® Core™ i7-740QM (1.73GHz, 8 threads, turbo boost up to 2.93GHz, 6M cache)
NVIDIA® GeForce® GT 435M 2GB graphics with TV Tuner
8GB Shared Dual Channel DDR3 Memory
640GB 7200 RPM SATA Hard Drive
92 WHr 9-cell Lithium Ion Primary Battery
Tray Load Blu-ray Disc BD-Combo (Reads BD and Writes to DVD/CD)
Intel® Centrino® Wireless-N 1000
Backlit Keyboard - English.

after i had HP DV2940SE Laptop that damaged because of overheating.

so my question for who have like this Laptop, is there any heating problem on XPS 15? also how is it at all? is there any problem on it? is there better suggestion for other laptops with same specification?

Hello and welcome to the forums
Here is a review of XPS 15
http://www.anandtech.com/show/3999/dell-xps-15-l501x-review/6
"After taxing the system for more than an hour with 3DMark06, system component temperatures remained acceptable. Surface temperatures of the L501x were also satisfactory; the L501x isn't a cool running CULV laptop by any stretch of the imagination, but it doesn't become unbearably warm either. At idle or under light loads, surface temperatures ranged from 27-35C on the bottom, and 27-32C on the palm rests and keyboard, with a noise level nearing the limits of our testing equipment at just 31dB (in a sub-30dB environment). The 3DMark06 loop brought surface temperatures up to 27-40C on the bottom and 27-34C on the keyboard area, with the exhaust vent at 40C. The hottest spot is under the middle-left area, where the GPU sits. Maximum noise levels were consistent under load, with a moderately loud but not horribly annoying rating of 42dB."

Status
Not open for further replies.