a P3-800EB not recognised by an ABIT BE-6?

G

Hi, off topic i know but this is general hardware and you guys (and girls) are so helpful!!!!
I just bought a P3-800EB
to run in my ABIT BE-6 board..
Now on Abits website it says my be-6 supports upto 850mhz (100fsb)
Everywhere i asked said i just have to lower my fsb in the soft cpu thingy in the bios to 100 instead of 133... ok done that..
but heres the problem.. my be-6 only recognises it as a 600eb
so what can i do.. have i wasted my money, should i have gone the athlon route.. too late now. Can anyone offer help and advice.. and yes i have the latest bios for my motherboard just checked :O)

so can anyone help... pretty please..

CMB

G

yeah you're screwed..sorry bout the bad luck..shoulda bought an asslawn

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
Obviously you have verry little idea what your doing. All coppermines are multiplier locked, yes, yes every one.

You cannot change the multiplier, no, no you can't.

The 800EB has the "B" after the E. You might have noticed this, but maybe you did not realize that this meant it is configured to run at 133MHz FSB. Do the math. 6x133=800, 6x100=600. You turned your 800 into a 600. The fact you did this on purpose is baffling.
Y
ou must set your bus speed to 133. Then it will be 800 again. There is nothing wrong with your computer, it only has a defective builder.

You must have PC133 memory or some very overclockable (!) PC100 that will run at PC133 spec in order to run your system stably.

You must also have a video card that can work at the overclocked AGP clock of 89MHz. Most GeForce2, Radeon, and many TNT2 cards can.\

Intel makes 2 800MHz procesors, I believe 90% of the human race knows this, including most jungle people and even those from Apalachia with no electricity. The two versions are the 800E (8x100) and the 800EB (6x133). If you thought you could magicaly turn an 800EB into an 800E, you better go to magicians school instead of computer school.

If you had bothered to look into these things before dropping money, you would have come here, where at least 6 of us would have told you to use a 700E at 933 with the 133MHz bus. Or, if you were not able to run at 133 (no money for a decent video card or memory), the 800E instead of the EB.

Cast not thine pearls before the swine