No review about the new Celeron?

Grizely1

Splendid
Dec 31, 2007
100MHz FSB Celeron released - yeah like 2 days ago. He's making a review. Give him time, he has to get the product from Intel, run benchmarks, then post the results. It doesn't happen at the blink of an eye.

G

And not before time too, Giving it a 66hz fsb was like sending them out to combat with only one arm, Should be interesting to see what Tom thinks of them, and how they stack up against the Duron, Something for all you Intel nuts out there, do you think intel would be releasing this if the Duron didnt exist?

G

The whole celery line wouldn't exist without the heat brought on by AMD(i.e. k5, k6, Duron).

JoeHead

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Come on it's not even worth reviewing. The truth is, of coarse in My opinion, is the only reason why they don't have it run w/ 133MHz bus is becaus the PIII would barely beat then and would not make the PIII look very good. Even the Duron and Thunderbird are close in performance (clock for clock).

I did see a review and the Celery 800 equaled the Duron 600.

<b> Fragg at will!!! </b>

gong75

Distinguished
Jan 6, 2001
I did see a review at anandtech, but it wasn't complete such as missing overclock capabilities. But I doubt the new celeron will be very overclockable.

G

May be Tom's waiting for the 850Mhz Duron due to be released soon and see how does the best of Intel's Celeron stack up to the best of AMD's?

G

I wonder how good the overclocking will be... (133MHz FSB?), and will it outperform the old Celeron oc to 100MHz FSB (hehehe). I'd never buy one anyway, the Duron still has nearly twice the FSB. Then again, I'd never buy a Duron cos I'm stinking rich. (joke).

Mordy

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
I don't think Tom is waiting for something. I belive he is testing the new celery system right now .
That CPU is a great news for Intel fans!

All i can give you is the truth. Nothing more.

G

Ah, the 850 Duron article really explains it all. If the 800 celery is a breakthrough, it is only because it was so long overdue. Still doesn't match a duron, still overpriced. Did I read that chart right? 800 celeron costs more than 1 Gig Thunderbird? Wow.

In all fairness, the new duron isn't that exciting either. The casual consumer who could probably use one, will probably ignore it and buy something else anyway. Enthusiasts like us may love the 'little processor that could', but wouldn't dream of running one at only 850 mHz!

Tom Mc

Even a fool, when he remains silent, appears wise.