Creating a mirror image problem

Tags:
  • Data Recovery
  • External Drive
  • Mirror
  • Windows 7
Last response: in Windows 7
January 4, 2013 4:36:22 AM

I am replacing my HHD with a SSD and made a mirror image on my backup external drive. When I tried to do the system image recovery, it fails to find the recovery information. It says the no disk that can be used for recovering the system disk can be found. Any ideas?

More about : creating mirror image problem

January 4, 2013 1:33:23 PM

More information, it is asking me to download drives so it may be able to read the image drive. Help!!
m
l
a b $ Windows 7
January 5, 2013 3:59:17 AM

What program did you use to create the image? Have you reinstalled the software you used to create the image or did you do this using Windows Backup? Is it possible for you reinstall the HDD and clone the drive to the SSD drive?
m
l
Related resources
January 5, 2013 1:10:17 PM

I used windows backup and created a mirror image. I feel not all the information was installed on the boot disk that I made afterwards. After I installed the new SSD, I used the boot disk, used the image recovery and was told that it could not backup from the image disk (external HD). I called the manufacture, HP, and they are sending me the OEM OS disks so I can do a clean install of the OEM OS to basically redo the whole thing. I have everything saved, so no big deal. I was just trying to do it the easy way, and it doesn't work.
m
l
January 5, 2013 1:12:41 PM

Ken, it is possible to reinstall, since I am still using this computer now. I just don't have a way to do this on my laptop, unless you have any ideas.
m
l
a b $ Windows 7
January 6, 2013 2:39:51 AM

Did you using the same version of Windows while attempting to restore the backup (drive image) that you used to create the image?
When I installed an SSD on my laptop (and desktop) I left the original boot disk in the computer and connected the SSD as an external drive via the supplied cable (two USB connectors on one end with a SATA connection on the other end) with the SSD. I then cloned the drive using the supplied software. I had purchased the SSD drive kit and not just the SSD.
m
l
January 12, 2013 11:02:52 PM

kenrivers said:
Did you using the same version of Windows while attempting to restore the backup (drive image) that you used to create the image?
When I installed an SSD on my laptop (and desktop) I left the original boot disk in the computer and connected the SSD as an external drive via the supplied cable (two USB connectors on one end with a SATA connection on the other end) with the SSD. I then cloned the drive using the supplied software. I had purchased the SSD drive kit and not just the SSD.

I just bought the SSD. My problem seems to be that the OEM software is currupt and I ended up ordering the OEM backup disks from HP, which just got here. I can't find the originals, so that was my only option for the original OS. I am actually about to swap them out here in a few minutes and reinstall all my programs, which aren't that many, and see how she works. I am almost willing to try to make an image, but with the hard drive acting up, I'm not willing to waste any more of my time jacking with it when I know that this way will get me up and going again in just an hour or so.
m
l
!