[All] withdrawal symptoms

Last response: in Video Games
March 29, 2005 10:15:03 PM

Aaargh. I forgot my USB memory stick with angband installations at work
and now I can't play any of my ongoing chars. What to do, what to do?
Help me. I can't play until tomorrow.

Any other who has angband withdrawal symptoms? How do they manifest
themselves to you? Mine are hands shaking, fingers tapping
uncontorllably at the desk and general nervousness.

I need some coffee to relax my nerves... (I'm computer geek, coffee is
my lifeblood).

Timo Pietilä

More about : withdrawal symptoms

Anonymous
March 29, 2005 10:15:04 PM

Start a new char. I keep different characters going on different
machines, so I don't have to worry about that issue. I sometimes wish
to take a character with me, but I have resisted the urge -- for now
anyway.
Anonymous
March 29, 2005 10:15:04 PM

> Aaargh. I forgot my USB memory stick with angband installations at work
> and now I can't play any of my ongoing chars. What to do, what to do?
> Help me. I can't play until tomorrow.
>
> Any other who has angband withdrawal symptoms? How do they manifest
> themselves to you? Mine are hands shaking, fingers tapping
> uncontorllably at the desk and general nervousness.
>
> I need some coffee to relax my nerves... (I'm computer geek, coffee is
> my lifeblood).
>
> Timo Pietilä

hahahaha :)
i have several chars in several variants home, several in the university
and several in my job.
Yup, i run ~15 chars at a given time. Each time i pick a char again,
i must take a time to realize his actual situation and power level.

--
I will hold the candle till it burns up my arm.
I'll keep taking punches until their will grows tired.

Timo Pietilä wrote:
> Aaargh. I forgot my USB memory stick with angband installations at work
> and now I can't play any of my ongoing chars. What to do, what to do?
> Help me. I can't play until tomorrow.

Ah. Problem solved. I hacked into my own computer, shared that USB for
my account and now I can play it from home. Ahhhhhh....

Timo Pietilä
Anonymous
March 30, 2005 1:04:15 AM

Timo Pietilä wrote:

> Timo Pietilä wrote:
>
>> Aaargh. I forgot my USB memory stick with angband installations at
>> work and now I can't play any of my ongoing chars. What to do, what to
>> do? Help me. I can't play until tomorrow.
>

> Ah. Problem solved. I hacked into my own computer, shared that USB for
> my account and now I can play it from home. Ahhhhhh....

Hmmm... For some reason all fonts don't work. 10x20 font and 9x15 won't
work when I load that game from network. Same with just savefile copy.
Strange.

Timo Pietilä
Anonymous
March 30, 2005 1:04:16 AM

Timo Pietilä wrote:
> Hmmm... For some reason all fonts don't work. 10x20 font and 9x15 won't
> work when I load that game from network. Same with just savefile copy.
> Strange.
>
> Timo Pietilä

Fonts are probably being loaded locally. Install a copy of the angband
fonts locally. Better yet, install a copy of Angband locally and only
access the savefile over the network.

March 30, 2005 1:26:29 AM

Timo Pietilä wrote:

> Timo Pietilä wrote:
>
>> Timo Pietilä wrote:
>>
>>> Aaargh. I forgot my USB memory stick with angband installations at
>>> work and now I can't play any of my ongoing chars. What to do, what
>>> to do? Help me. I can't play until tomorrow.
>>
>> Ah. Problem solved. I hacked into my own computer, shared that USB for
>> my account and now I can play it from home. Ahhhhhh....
>
> Hmmm... For some reason all fonts don't work. 10x20 font and 9x15 won't
> work when I load that game from network. Same with just savefile copy.
> Strange.

This gets even weirder. When I disconnected network drive fonts started
to work. Those fonts also caused heavy network traffic and crash game
when I had that network connection running even that I was playing local
copy and not from network. Feels just like some M$ software problem (I
once needed to upgrade display adapter drivers in order to get M$ word
running).

Timo Pietilä
!