[All] withdrawal symptoms

Aaargh. I forgot my USB memory stick with angband installations at work
and now I can't play any of my ongoing chars. What to do, what to do?
Help me. I can't play until tomorrow.

Any other who has angband withdrawal symptoms? How do they manifest
themselves to you? Mine are hands shaking, fingers tapping
uncontorllably at the desk and general nervousness.

I need some coffee to relax my nerves... (I'm computer geek, coffee is
my lifeblood).

Timo Pietilä
6 answers Last reply
More about withdrawal symptoms
  1. Archived from groups: rec.games.roguelike.angband (More info?)

    Start a new char. I keep different characters going on different
    machines, so I don't have to worry about that issue. I sometimes wish
    to take a character with me, but I have resisted the urge -- for now
    anyway.
  2. Archived from groups: rec.games.roguelike.angband (More info?)

    > Aaargh. I forgot my USB memory stick with angband installations at work
    > and now I can't play any of my ongoing chars. What to do, what to do?
    > Help me. I can't play until tomorrow.
    >
    > Any other who has angband withdrawal symptoms? How do they manifest
    > themselves to you? Mine are hands shaking, fingers tapping
    > uncontorllably at the desk and general nervousness.
    >
    > I need some coffee to relax my nerves... (I'm computer geek, coffee is
    > my lifeblood).
    >
    > Timo Pietilä

    hahahaha :)
    i have several chars in several variants home, several in the university
    and several in my job.
    Yup, i run ~15 chars at a given time. Each time i pick a char again,
    i must take a time to realize his actual situation and power level.

    --
    I will hold the candle till it burns up my arm.
    I'll keep taking punches until their will grows tired.

    Timo Pietilä wrote:
    > Aaargh. I forgot my USB memory stick with angband installations at work
    > and now I can't play any of my ongoing chars. What to do, what to do?
    > Help me. I can't play until tomorrow.

    Ah. Problem solved. I hacked into my own computer, shared that USB for
    my account and now I can play it from home. Ahhhhhh....

    Timo Pietilä
  4. Archived from groups: rec.games.roguelike.angband (More info?)

    Timo Pietilä wrote:

    > Timo Pietilä wrote:
    >
    >> Aaargh. I forgot my USB memory stick with angband installations at
    >> work and now I can't play any of my ongoing chars. What to do, what to
    >> do? Help me. I can't play until tomorrow.
    >

    > Ah. Problem solved. I hacked into my own computer, shared that USB for
    > my account and now I can play it from home. Ahhhhhh....

    Hmmm... For some reason all fonts don't work. 10x20 font and 9x15 won't
    work when I load that game from network. Same with just savefile copy.
    Strange.

    Timo Pietilä
  5. Archived from groups: rec.games.roguelike.angband (More info?)

    Timo Pietilä wrote:
    > Hmmm... For some reason all fonts don't work. 10x20 font and 9x15 won't
    > work when I load that game from network. Same with just savefile copy.
    > Strange.
    >
    > Timo Pietilä

    Fonts are probably being loaded locally. Install a copy of the angband
    fonts locally. Better yet, install a copy of Angband locally and only
    access the savefile over the network.

  6. Archived from groups: rec.games.roguelike.angband (More info?)

    Timo Pietilä wrote:

    > Timo Pietilä wrote:
    >
    >> Timo Pietilä wrote:
    >>
    >>> Aaargh. I forgot my USB memory stick with angband installations at
    >>> work and now I can't play any of my ongoing chars. What to do, what
    >>> to do? Help me. I can't play until tomorrow.
    >>
    >> Ah. Problem solved. I hacked into my own computer, shared that USB for
    >> my account and now I can play it from home. Ahhhhhh....
    >
    > Hmmm... For some reason all fonts don't work. 10x20 font and 9x15 won't
    > work when I load that game from network. Same with just savefile copy.
    > Strange.

    This gets even weirder. When I disconnected network drive fonts started
    to work. Those fonts also caused heavy network traffic and crash game
    when I had that network connection running even that I was playing local
    copy and not from network. Feels just like some M$ software problem (I
    once needed to upgrade display adapter drivers in order to get M$ word
    running).

    Timo Pietilä

Video Games