Well, I've been looking over the suggestions for the last few who are seeking laptops and thought I'd also ask for assistance for my purchase. My budget will be roughly 1000$ + tax (which isn't easy to comeby for me). Thanks !
1. What is your budget?
1000$ roughly before taxes. Cheaper the better if it suits my needs.
2. What is the size of the notebook that you are considering?
17inch minimum. I often work out of a hotel room and and want the biggest screen for gaming/movies etc.
3. What screen resolution
do you want?
Best possible, I suppose.
4. Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop?
No, I have a good gaming desktop at home. This will only be for when I'm on the road and possibly minimal use during work hours.
5. How much battery life do you need?
I should be plugged just about all the time so I'm not worried about this.
6. Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)?
Yes I want to play games. I play World of Warcraft mostly and some Counter-strike source. I don't intend to install high-end games on the laptop because I will use my main computer for that. Though, I don't want to limit myself to World of warcraft simply to find out that I won't be able to support the next few expansions.
7. What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo / Video editing,watching movies, Etc.)
I would like to be able to fluently use the whole Creative Suite 5. Mostly Photoshop, Flash and other website design related software.
8. How much storage (Hard Drive capacity) do you need?
Ugh, I can definately carry an external for most of my things so I guess I'd go with 300gigs minimum or 120gigs if I can score a SSD within my price range (don't see that happening).
9. If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post their links.
Not really. I am Canadian though, so if it's american, shipping and fees should be added to the mix.
10. How long do you want to keep your laptop?
3 years, I'd say.
11. What kind of Optical drive do you need? DVD ROM/Writer,Bluray ROM/Writer,Etc ?
Bluray sounds fun but DVDRW will do just fine.
12. Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons.
I don't really have a preference... I obviously want something with a good reputation to avoid junk and a nice looking design would be great. Another nice addition would be a lighted keyboard, though not a must.
13. What country do you live in?
14. Please tell us any additional information if needed.
Thank you for the quick response ! Your choice seems like very good value for the price... ! I'm gonna hold out until Monday, seeing as it isn't on sale, in hopes that the Canadian Black Friday weekend / Cyber Monday will come up with this model or a similar one on sale !