I'm looking to make a commitment to a new machine on Monday, but I really don't know which way to go. My significant other is encouraging me to get a Macbook Pro, while I was looking at the Toshiba Qosmio X505-Q885.
1. What is your budget?
I was thinking somewhere around $900-1100 would be the sweet spot, though I would be willing to go as high as $1500.
2. What is the size of the notebook that you are considering?
Size isn't a huge issue, so long as it isn't ridiculous: 13"-19" works fine.
3. What screen resolution do you want?
Not so much of an issue.
4. Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop?
Desktop replacement for the most part, with limited mobility.
5. How much battery life do you need?
6. Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)?
I own a 360 as my main gaming platform, but I'd like to be able to run some games modern games like civ5 on medium settings from time to time.
7. What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo / Video editing,watching movies, Etc.)
Programming, watching movies, image editing.
8. How much storage (Hard Drive capacity) do you need?
10. How long do you want to keep your laptop?
11. What kind of Optical drive do you need? DVD ROM/Writer,Bluray ROM/Writer,Etc ?
12. Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons.
I've always been a mac person but am open to making the switch, if the benefits of a pc are great enough.
13. What country do you live in?
14. Please tell us any additional information if needed.
I'd just like an objective comparison. Please don't tell me macs suck because Steve Jobs is evil.
Hello and welcome to the forums
Well,if you are planing to play games,then don't buy Apple notebooks they are not for gaming.(You can find cheaper alternatives) and the Toshiba Qosmio X505 won't give you the battery life you need.
MSI GX660 is a good choice and will give you 2-3hrs of battery life http://www.xoticpc.com/msi-gx660053us-gaming-laptop-p-2...