P4 1.5G or K7 1.2G is the fastest????

G

This will be quite dependant on the software you have.

From what I've seen, some current SSE software runs very fast on the 1.5 GHz P4.

But in the most part, due to unoptimized software, the 1.2 GHz Athlon is generally able to best the 1.5 GHz P4.

Kodiak

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
oh for crying out loud... I'm spent, I can't... go... on... with... this... topic... no... more... ugh...:(

seriously kitkit, spend the 20 second it takes to look, and you'll see the three gazillion threads on that topic... all without conclusion, and most degenerating into flames & fights... sorry, but most of us are seriously tired of this topic...
the simplest answer is to check tom's 4 reviews on the mainsite. More accurately, there is no simple answer, it depends what you use it for, how much money do you have, which kind of applications do you want to measure, and are we talking about applications here now or the ones which will come in the future, in which case you have to try to predict other hardware available at that time etc... ugh... just a big mess:(

G

I want play game or online game....the graphic is the best

Kodiak

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
details kitkat... the devil's in the details...:)

otherwise all we can do is point you to the nearest compaq/IBM/HP dealer... and we don't wanna do that! :) :smile:

G

I do suggest:

AMD Athlon 750 Mhz - 1.2 Ghz Processor - Cheaper (don't want to discuss if better) than Intel Processors

Abit, IWill or Asus mobo (Via KT133, Via KT133A or AliMagik 1 chipset)

128-256 Mb of PC133 Brand Name cas 2 SDRAM or DDR-RAM if motherboard supports it (I do suggest Crucial or Mushkin brands)

nVidia Geforce 2 GTS, Geforce 2 Pro or Geforce 2 Ultra graphics cards (I think Guillemot, ELSA, Asus and Creative are good brands); if you are on a tight budget you could buy a Geforce 2 MX, but I think a Power Color Evil Kyro is a better choice

7200 RPM Ultra DMA 100 hard disk drive (IBM, Maxtor, Fujitsu...) - 30 GB is enough...

Toshiba whatever high-speed CDROM drive

Sound Blaster Live! - whatever model, or Guillemot MaxiSound

Good 2.1 speakers, cause you're not likely to make profit from 5.1 speakers, it's up to you

Good case with 300W Power Supply - it's easy to spot a good case

19' Monitor - I do suggest NEC FE 950 - love it, but it's not mine (remember it will last for your next computer)

Acer mechanical keyboard

Logitech cordless optical mouse (or get a Microsoft one, they've got life warranty, but people report they are crap, you can have a new mouse every year though)

Ratpadz mouse surface

Even if you want to use it for gaming, you could get it with a 12x Toshiba DVD-ROM drive (I know Pioneer are faster, but I do hate slot-in drives, and Toshiba work better with scratched or copy protected CD's); another must is a CDRW drive - for example... the Plextor 12/10/32A

If you want to game online, you could get a crappy 56k modem or get cable or DSL from a local provider

Please give us a budget and where you live

Kodiak

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
your post is reasonable enough, try as I might, I only found one thing to comment on:)

>> Pioneer are faster, but I do hate slot-in drives

actually the models I've seen come in both slot-in and tray versions, so if that's the only issue, you can choose:)

G

KitKit
This will be a very long string, seems many people like to comment, on one hand you have the AMD people who will say T-Birds have 200mz FSB, better processor ect ect, but they do get hot, very hot if you dont pay attention to the basics, like mounting the sink and fan correctly, Then you have the Intel people who will tell you that the P4 with SSE technology will kill anything those people at AMD can come up with, crack a buds, sit back and read, cause there will be a lot of posts

novice

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
There is a cordless optical mouse???? Are you kidding??? Wow I'd like to get one...BTW, Abit or Asus? I'm a heavy entertainment guy (movies, games, graphical shits,etc.)

G

I think Logitech make a cordless optical mouse. I prefer the one with the chord...it has a nice blue light so you can find your mouse in the dark. The optical sensor stuff works really well too.

DESIGN TEAM

G

All right, I don't know if there are cordless optical mice, but they would be cool if they existed...

Kodiak

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
there are, Logitech makes them. I forget what they're called, freedom navigators or some such cheesy name... you can get combo with wireless keyboard/optical mouse... neat:)

as for the p4/AMD topic... I'm not going there at a gunpoint no more:)

seriously kitkat, read the posts from a week ago, its not THAT much effort:)