Corsair sp2500 + asus xonar essence st questions

jameslintaylor

Honorable
Jun 2, 2012
Hello, Yesterday I went out and bought some corsair sp2500 speakers to go along with an asus xonar essence st sound card. I have a couple of questions.

I'm using RCA as output from the soundcard aswell as RCA as input into the speakers. However.. A female RCA to auxiliary was provided with the soundcard and a male auxiliary to RCA was provided with the speakers... so currently the sound input is being converted from RCA to auxiliary.. and then back to RCA. Will this significantly decrease quality (would i be better off just getting RCA to RCA cables).

Second question, when I turn up the volume on speakers, i get increasing static noise (doesnt get really audible untill the volume is almost maxed out but nevertheless it is still there). I've tried seperating cables from power cables and so on but this hasnt seemed to have fixed anything. Is this normal?

brdnhigh

Honorable
Sep 14, 2012

Hi! i was wondering the same exact thing as i have the sp2500s and im getting the asus xonar st tomorrow. is the quality better with the rca to rca or the same as the other? thanks!