the stat doesn't go up from what I can tell.

Robert Klemic

elliott

On 2005-04-06 08:56:03, "Lordgoober" <rklemic@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Here's another level up bug that I don't think has been addressed. If
> a stat has been drained when you go to do a stat growth after leveling,
> the stat doesn't go up from what I can tell.
>
> Robert Klemic

Is it possible the current level of the stat is unchanged, but the stat's max
level is going up? That what I always thought was happening.

Peter <KasperskiP@acn.waw.pl> writes:

> On 2005-04-06 16:04:07, Bridger Flynn <fuforah@yahoo.com> wrote:

>> > Is it possible the current level of the stat is unchanged, but the stat's max
>> > level is going up? That what I always thought was happening.
>>
>> Correct. The stat max does go up, but you won't notice this unless you check
>> the character screen before gaining new stats. When you find a potion of
>> restore stat, you will be refilled to your new maximum.
>>
>> --
>> Bridger Flynn
>> fuforah@yahoo.com
>>

> True, but still annoying. IMO stat points should act like stat potions, i.e.
> first restore, than increase stat.

Me too, but I think that increase stat should not restore. If you
have a stat at 15 down 2 from 17, increase should put you at 16 down 2
from 18. I also think that should apply to other counters with
separate current/full such as experience, hitpoints, etc.

Eddie

On 2005-04-06 13:35:34, Elliott <Elliott946@aol.com> wrote:

> On 2005-04-06 08:56:03, "Lordgoober" wrote:
>
> > Here's another level up bug that I don't think has been addressed. If
> > a stat has been drained when you go to do a stat growth after leveling,
> > the stat doesn't go up from what I can tell.
> >
> > Robert Klemic
>
> Is it possible the current level of the stat is unchanged, but the stat's max
> level is going up? That what I always thought was happening.

Correct. The stat max does go up, but you won't notice this unless you check
the character screen before gaining new stats. When you find a potion of
restore stat, you will be refilled to your new maximum.

--
Bridger Flynn
fuforah@yahoo.com

peter

On 2005-04-06 16:04:07, Bridger Flynn <fuforah@yahoo.com> wrote:

> On 2005-04-06 13:35:34, Elliott wrote:
>
> > On 2005-04-06 08:56:03, "Lordgoober" wrote:
> >
> > > Here's another level up bug that I don't think has been addressed. If
> > > a stat has been drained when you go to do a stat growth after leveling,
> > > the stat doesn't go up from what I can tell.
> > >
> > > Robert Klemic
> >
> > Is it possible the current level of the stat is unchanged, but the stat's max
> > level is going up? That what I always thought was happening.
>
> Correct. The stat max does go up, but you won't notice this unless you check
> the character screen before gaining new stats. When you find a potion of
> restore stat, you will be refilled to your new maximum.
>
> --
> Bridger Flynn
> fuforah@yahoo.com

True, but still annoying. IMO stat points should act like stat potions, i.e.
first restore, than increase stat.

Cheers.
Peter

valis

In article <m3r7hnorab.fsf@hot.NOSPAM.mail.com>,
Eddie Grove <eddiegrove@hot.NOSPAM.mail.com> wrote:

> > True, but still annoying. IMO stat points should act like stat potions,
> > i.e.
> > first restore, than increase stat.
>
> Me too, but I think that increase stat should not restore. If you
> have a stat at 15 down 2 from 17, increase should put you at 16 down 2
> from 18. I also think that should apply to other counters with
> separate current/full such as experience, hitpoints, etc.

Plus, in Steamband if statpoints restore, you have spellcasters 'saving'
their statpoints for when they cast a bunch of stat-damaging spells.

> Eddie

-Campbell

TRENDING THREADS