Windows XP Home Repair Console Problem

I installed the Repair Console. In trying to invoke it, I am prompted
for an administrator password. It rejects the password.

Microsoft says that OEM installations of the bundled software cause
subsequent use of the Repair Console to incur the problem I described.

Does anyone know if there's a "default" administrator password on
systems that Dell ships with the WinXP OS pre-installed?

Thanks.
1 answer Last reply
More about windows home repair console problem

    There isn't, but supposedly with this issue, if you call Microsoft, they
    will waive the normal service charge and help you.

    I'd give that a shot.

    "Zippy the Pinhead" <the_corporate_hose@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > I installed the Repair Console. In trying to invoke it, I am prompted
    > for an administrator password. It rejects the password.
    >
    > Microsoft says that OEM installations of the bundled software cause
    > subsequent use of the Repair Console to incur the problem I described.
    >
    > Does anyone know if there's a "default" administrator password on
    > systems that Dell ships with the WinXP OS pre-installed?
    >
    > Thanks.

Dell Consoles Windows XP Computers