How to Fix Compatibility Problem with SP2

Last response: in Networking
October 17, 2004 8:41:58 AM

This is to share how I fixed the SP2 Compatibility problem
for my MS Broadband Wireless Network. After installing
SP2 on my XP Pro desktop, my MS Wireless still worked but
I kept getting a window message stating a compatibity
issue with this version of Windows and referred me to the
MS Wireless Website:
http://www.microsoft.com/hardware/BroadbandNetworking/A...
pdate2/CheckUpdates.asp There you need to download and
install the update containing the Broadband Network
Utility, USB Adapter MN-510 Drive, Base Station MN-500
Bootware, and the Base Station MN-500 Runtime
Firmware......Use "Open" rather than "Save" when prompted
in the File Download. If you have a problem getting the
Network Utility to update properly like me......my icon on
my Taskbar disappeared and I couldn't bring it up in the
Start menu. So, I had to then download the MS Broadband
Setup software from the MS Broadband Website.....couldn't
use my CD because my computer had a later version
installed. I installed the software as if I were
installing a USB Adapter for the first time. Now my
wireless network works perfect with XP Pro SP2. "Where
there's a will, there's way"! Tom
Anonymous
October 17, 2004 8:49:45 AM

The Website link I gave doesn't work.....try this to find
both the Broadband update for the SP compatibility issue,
plus the download for reinstalling your BB Network Utility
and Adapter, if you need to do so. Tom

Anonymous
October 17, 2004 8:52:25 AM

http://www.microsoft.com/hardware/broadbandnetworking/d...
lt.mspx

October 17, 2004 1:34:26 PM

Downloads address is
http://www.microsoft.com/hardware/broadbandnetworking/1...
--
Chris H.
Microsoft Windows MVP/Tablet PC

"TomW" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> This is to share how I fixed the SP2 Compatibility problem
> for my MS Broadband Wireless Network. After installing
> SP2 on my XP Pro desktop, my MS Wireless still worked but
> I kept getting a window message stating a compatibity
> issue with this version of Windows and referred me to the
> MS Wireless Website:
> http://www.microsoft.com/hardware/BroadbandNetworking/A...
> pdate2/CheckUpdates.asp There you need to download and
> install the update containing the Broadband Network
> Utility, USB Adapter MN-510 Drive, Base Station MN-500
> Bootware, and the Base Station MN-500 Runtime
> Firmware......Use "Open" rather than "Save" when prompted
> in the File Download. If you have a problem getting the
> Network Utility to update properly like me......my icon on
> my Taskbar disappeared and I couldn't bring it up in the
> Start menu. So, I had to then download the MS Broadband
> Setup software from the MS Broadband Website.....couldn't
> use my CD because my computer had a later version
> installed. I installed the software as if I were
> installing a USB Adapter for the first time. Now my
> wireless network works perfect with XP Pro SP2. "Where
> there's a will, there's way"! Tom

Anonymous
October 17, 2004 8:16:50 PM

The update download is at
http://www.microsoft.com/hardware/broadbandnetworking/1...

Note that it is only the MS BNU component that needs to be updated for
Windows XP SP2 (though, keep in mind, it is not even needed at all with any
Windows XP os)

--
Jason Tsang - Microsoft MVP

Find out about the MS MVP Program -