[NPP] Quests question

Antoine

Distinguished
Oct 5, 2003

Hi,

A question about quests in NPP,

I have taken a quest at every opportunity so far. Does this mean I will
miss out on quests later on? Is there a maximum number of quests you
can do in the game? Or can you just keep doing one quest every 3 levels
until 4950'?

A.

P.S. I feel ashamed of myself... At CL28 I have RBase, RConf, +4 speed,
4 attacks with Sting, a +11/+18 light crossbow, FA/See invis, and a few
high resists. And I am at... wait for it... 900'.

Jeff Greene writes:

> [You can get a 1uest] every 2-3 levels. And technically you can do
them all
>the way down to 6350' if you want. You won't, or shouldn't, get them
>on the Sauron or Morgoth levels. That's about the only limitation
>besides your max depth.

I vaguely recall discussion of changing this so that quests would
always occur at dlev >= clev. And clev 28, dlev 18 is just ridiculous.
I'd rather be able to go back at any time, request a quest (at dlev >=
clev), and just keep playing.

Killing monsters at dlev << mlev means their drops are lousy. I'd much
rather kill Smeagol at 1500' than 50' (even if the latter were actually
possible to do.)

(Killing Bullroarer at 50', however, is an interesting challenge in
townscumming. You go directly to clev 8 or 9, and you deserve it.)

"Antoine" <mail@guildgame.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> A question about quests in NPP,
>
> I have taken a quest at every opportunity so far. Does this mean I will
> miss out on quests later on? Is there a maximum number of quests you
> can do in the game? Or can you just keep doing one quest every 3 levels
> until 4950'?

Every 2-3 levels, to be precise. And technically you can do them all the
way down to 6350' if you want. You won't, or shouldn't, get them on the
Sauron or Morgoth levels. That's about the only limitation besides your max
depth.

> A.
>
> P.S. I feel ashamed of myself... At CL28 I have RBase, RConf, +4 speed,
> 4 attacks with Sting, a +11/+18 light crossbow, FA/See invis, and a few
> high resists. And I am at... wait for it... 900'.

Nice.

Antoine

Distinguished
Oct 5, 2003

pete mack wrote:
> Jeff Greene writes:
>
> > [You can get a 1uest] every 2-3 levels. And technically you can do
> them all
> >the way down to 6350' if you want. You won't, or shouldn't, get
them
> >on the Sauron or Morgoth levels. That's about the only limitation
> >besides your max depth.
>
> I vaguely recall discussion of changing this so that quests would
> always occur at dlev >= clev. And clev 28, dlev 18 is just
ridiculous.

[embarrassed look]

magnate

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

My current comp char killed Bullroarer at clev 2, which took him to 6.
I think it would have been possible to do the same at clev 1, because I
don't think he hit me. I just used PD and bolts, and a wand I'd found.

CC

Antoine

Distinguished
Oct 5, 2003

Antoine wrote:
> pete mack wrote:
> > Jeff Greene writes:
> >
> > > [You can get a 1uest] every 2-3 levels. And technically you can
do
> > them all
> > >the way down to 6350' if you want. You won't, or shouldn't, get
> them
> > >on the Sauron or Morgoth levels. That's about the only limitation
> > >besides your max depth.
> >
> > I vaguely recall discussion of changing this so that quests would
> > always occur at dlev >= clev. And clev 28, dlev 18 is just
> ridiculous.
>
> [embarrassed look]

I now have Hold Life and disenchantment res and some good rings of
slaying. I keep meaning to dive to 1500', but I get distracted by
quests...

A.

On 11 Apr 2005 18:08:56 -0700, Antoine wrote:

(snip)
>P.S. I feel ashamed of myself...

Don't. This is a game; you're playing for fun (I hope...). If you're
having fun, who cares if you're diving slow or fast?

Best, Hugo
--
Your sig line (k) was stolen! (more)
There is a puff of smoke!

(Remove NO and SPAM to get my e-mail address)