[Pos] Revenge of the RNG!

I recently DL'd and started goofing around with Posband, I have always had
a fascination with playing a dragon, and started a White Dragon.
I have been questing as often as I can and after clearing out a Creeping
Coin vault at 950' and cl19, not even remotely easy when all you can do is
fairly weak melee and no ranged that really affects them, I returned to town
for the reward.
I was exstatic when I saw that the reward was a pair of Hard Leather
Boots of Speed +6! And then, then it hit me... Dragons can only wear Body
armor, Helm, Cloak, Necklace and 6 rings.. No Boots! ...no boots... evil,
oh so very evil... And the damned Armorer only pays out 10k tops...

All my past luck that I snuck past the RNG has come home now. :)

Which version of PoSBand were you using? I am almost certain that this
should not happen -- the game should check what sort of armor you can
wear, and then give you something appropriate. Although it does tend
to overload you with armors of resist X, you should be able to use
whatever you are given.

"Brian Trautman" <netbrian@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Which version of PoSBand were you using? I am almost certain that this
> should not happen -- the game should check what sort of armor you can
> wear, and then give you something appropriate. Although it does tend
> to overload you with armors of resist X, you should be able to use
> whatever you are given.

Sorry, my mistake, the Boots were a drop, not the reward. Should have
corrected the post.

The reward was cash. I had just ID'd the Boot about that time and got
confused.

None the less, I haven't seen boots of speed that shallow ever that I can
recall. Heh, less annoying, but still a nasty tease.
The cash from the boots sale did let me buy a Ring of Damage +13, all of a
sudden my melee isn't weak anymore at all!!!!