Sign in with
Your question

Acer Battery Issue

Last response: in Laptops & Notebooks
Anonymous
a b D Laptop
November 29, 2010 7:21:45 PM

Hello,
i have an acer aspire one and the battery only charges to 9% now ive tried the BIOS update but it does not work.what does the warranty cover? And will Acer replace it even if it is not their fault? I havent done anything to it so I don't see why the wouldn't.

More about : acer battery issue

a b D Laptop
November 30, 2010 8:56:08 AM

The title of this topic has been edited by Buwish
m
l
a b D Laptop
November 30, 2010 8:57:34 AM

Usually factory warranties are good for one year, unless of course, you bought an extended warranty. If the laptop is still within warranty, Acer should cover the costs of a new battery. However, if it is out of warranty, chances are that you'll have to eat the cost of a new battery. How long have you had the laptop?
m
l
Related resources
December 11, 2010 4:58:56 AM

well, guys, i think the issue is the battery "memory effect", I have had a really similar problem with my xps 1530 battery. Overnight the battery stopped charging. I find it hard to believe its just died suddenly. when the laptop batteries were not full discharged(means the batteries not show 0% power), and then were charged, they will "remember" the latest power level as the full 100% power level, when you run them down and recharge them, they will show you 100% full charge as their "memory",but not really full charge.

so, you can over discharge them and than over charge the laptop batteries for 4-5 hours, the "memory effect" will disappear. If the problem is still exist,you should buy a new one and hope it can help you.

Amazon:
http://www.amazon.com/Aspire-Battery-9-cell-7900mAh-Net...

Ukbattery4u:
http://www.ukbattery4u.co.uk/acer.htm

m
l
April 17, 2012 3:05:53 PM

I had 2010 Acer Aspire 4740(year 2010), battery charging upro 26% only.
m
l
a c 248 D Laptop
April 18, 2012 12:06:05 AM

Hi :) 

Modern Lithium Ion batteries CANNOT get memory effect.....

And the WORST thing you can do to one is to deep cycle it...it will KILL it...

All the best Brett :) 
m
l
!