How to fix BOOTMGR error?

Tags:
  • Configuration
  • SSD
  • Hard Drives
  • Windows 7
Last response: in Windows 7
January 4, 2013 3:00:09 PM

Ok, I am running a version of windows 7 pro on a pc that I just built... I have an ssd and an hdd in the machine and I loaded windows onto the ssd... Everything was working fine until I tried to get the hard drive to show up on the system... I made it available and that all worked but unknowingly I marked it as active and the primary partition even thought this disk had no operating installed... I tuned off my pc and now when I turn it on with ssd in side it says BOOTMGR is missing... How do I fix this??? Thank you!

More about : fix bootmgr error

a b $ Windows 7
January 4, 2013 3:06:14 PM

Is the boot order correct in the BIOS?
m
l
January 4, 2013 3:07:39 PM

I don't know but I can't get on my pc to check...
m
l
Related resources
a b $ Windows 7
January 4, 2013 3:14:31 PM

You should be able to get into the BIOS regardless. It's usually by pressing delete,f1 or f2 while it's booting.
m
l
January 4, 2013 3:22:15 PM

Ok thank you yes it worked getting into bios but the ssd which has the op system doesn't show up on the boot priority list. It shows up on my overall boot list as option 4 but I don't know how to change it. The hdd with no op system is first...
m
l
January 4, 2013 3:24:19 PM

When I load the system with only the ssd I get the bootmgr error and when I run it with the other one nothing... I can load windows on the hdd but I can't run it to repair windows on the ssd...
m
l
January 4, 2013 3:26:37 PM

Could I load windows 7 on the hdd, then go into a the hdd management section, make the ssd primary partition again and then delete windows 7 off of the hdd?
m
l
a b $ Windows 7
January 4, 2013 3:28:26 PM

disconnect the HDD, boot from the W7 disk and go to the repair options.

open the command line and type in:

fixmbr
fixboot
m
l
January 4, 2013 3:31:59 PM

But when I just have the ssd connected windows 7 won't recognize when I put it in the disk drive. Nothing comes up ever execpt the error message!
m
l
a b $ Windows 7
January 4, 2013 4:52:59 PM

I would recommend creating a Hirens Boot CD and utilize some of the options available to attempt to resolve your issue if what mi1ez doesn't help.
m
l
a b $ Windows 7
January 4, 2013 4:58:18 PM

Wallywaiting said:
But when I just have the ssd connected windows 7 won't recognize when I put it in the disk drive. Nothing comes up ever execpt the error message!

then you need to change the boot order in BIOS so that the DVD drive is first boot - and Of Course you need the drive connected to data and power too
m
l
a b $ Windows 7
January 4, 2013 5:03:44 PM

hedwar2011 said:
I would recommend creating a Hirens Boot CD and utilize some of the options available to attempt to resolve your issue if what mi1ez doesn't help.

This 100% ^^^^
m
l