Subject: Re: Who?
From: biomechanism <thanatos@oceanfree.net>
Newsgroups: alt.geek

On Mon, 07 Mar 2005 09:31:42 -0500, Twisted One wrote:

> biomechanism wrote:
>>> It's obviously limited by country. In the UK it is not members only
>>> and obviously, unless you will pay my expenses, I can't test it from
>>> other countries. Anyway, the other link would have told you what it
>>> was about.
>>
>> It's also fine from .ie
>
> What's .ie? Yet another example of a country code whose spelling bears
> no discernible relationship to the country's name, or Microsoft's
> latest attempt to own the Internet? :)

It's Microsoft's new browser that integrates fully with
the .Net framework.

--
Moderators accept or reject articles based solely on the criteria posted
in the Frequently Asked Questions. Article content is the responsibility

magnate

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

VALIS wrote:
> I was reading ahbou today and found this. Of particular note is the
> comment the user makes at the top of the posting. COULD THEY BE THE
SAME
> PERSON?
>
> Can any rational person doubt it?

[snip]

Why are you posting this? It's way off-topic for rgra. It's hard enough
to stop Neo posting chaff without inciting it.

You are hit by an Executioner's Sword of *Slay* Troll. -more-
You die.

CC

magnate

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Timo Pietilä wrote:
> VALIS wrote:

> > No one has to incite him. He comes and goes with the seasons, and
> > doesn't pay any attention to requests. It doesn't matter what we
do, the
> > only solution is to killfile him, or wait until he gets bored.
Maybe
> > someone will appreciate the above. I did.

> Neo isn't bad poster as long as you ignore his CD:s and read only his

> suggestions. Suggestions are usually quite good and reasonable, he is

> just a little bit too... verbose.

Sorry if I'm being dim but what is a CD in this context? Curse-laden
Discourse? Cretinous Digression? Chronic Drivel?

CC

In article <1113633211.474758.4810@o13g2000cwo.googlegroups.com>,
magnate <chrisc@dbass.demon.co.uk> wrote:
>Ok I give up - what is "ahbou"?

alt.humor.best-of-usenet (or something close to that. Don't think the
'-'s are '.'s, but they might be.)

It's a group for forwarding of highly amusing posts from elsewhere in
Usenet. Last time I looked, the humor was often pretty weak. (That was
a long time ago, but there's no reason to think it's changed. IIRC,
the post that started this wasn't all that funny.)
--
Julian Lighton jl8e@fragment.com
/* You are not expected to understand this. */

Various people write:
[irrelevant stuff about frequent poster]

Guys, enough piling on. We *all* have our faults. One of them,
apparently, is flaming even when there's no proximate cause.

magnate wrote:
> Timo Pietilä wrote:

>> Neo isn't bad poster as long as you ignore his CD:s and read only
>> his suggestions. Suggestions are usually quite good and reasonable,
>> he is just a little bit too... verbose.
>
> Sorry if I'm being dim but what is a CD in this context? Curse-laden
> Discourse? Cretinous Digression? Chronic Drivel?

Character Dump. He posts his CD:s in separate threads, and that can be
rather annoying. And refuces to change that behavior.

Timo Pietilä

"Timo Pietilä" <timo.pietila@helsinki.fi> wrote in message

> Character Dump. He posts his CD:s in separate threads, and that can be
> rather annoying. And refuces to change that behavior.

Neo just needs attention, period. He will do whatever it takes to get it,
whether it be flamewars or character dumps by the hour. He has never done
anything to me personally, but he has been very insulting to alot of people
on this newsgroup who I have great respect for. But in the end he has
freedom to post what he wants when he wants, and we all have the right to
ignore him or killfile him (which I did, partly for the frequency of his
posts and partly for the content of them).

But his trollish posting style does mean in the end any negative comments
about him are well earned. BTW: Anyone want to write a sample script of
what that The Matrix would be like if he actually was Neo? (What the %#$&
do you mean take the red pill? Do you %#$&ing expect me to take a pill when
you won't explain to me what the %#$& it is?). No, never mind, bad idea.
Even mockery, no matter how much it is earned, is still just a form of
attention.

If you don't like him, the best thing to do is killfile him and/or ignore
him. The second best thing is, when he is ready to get involved in a
flamewar, just pick a well known movie and start bombarding him with quotes
from the movie. Pop culture sub-references are like kryptonite to him.

-Jeff

On 2005-04-17 00:33:26, "pete mack" <pmac360@hotmail.com> wrote:

> Various people write:
> [irrelevant stuff about frequent poster]
>
> Guys, enough piling on. We *all* have our faults. One of them,
> apparently, is flaming even when there's no proximate cause.

I know, what a bunch of miserable bastards.

Don't worry Neo, i still love you \O/

On 2005-04-16, Jeff Greene wrote:
> BTW: Anyone want to write a sample script of
> what that The Matrix would be like if he actually was Neo? (What the %#$&
> do you mean take the red pill? Do you %#$&ing expect me to take a pill when
> you won't explain to me what the %#$& it is?).

*splork*

Thanks... Now my old keyboard is finished :).

--
Alexander Ulyanov, maintainer of PosBand roguelike
E-mail: posband_AT_earthsea_DOT_org Web: http://posband.earthsea.org/

TRENDING THREADS