Magic Item?

Archived from groups: alt.games.adnd (More info?)

My DM created a Bard NPC from the DMG. One of his magical gear was a Mirror
of Vanity +2 for 9-16th level, can anyone give me some insight to what this
does? The DM has gone through the books and we cannot find another mention
of it on any magic list.

Kani

"Kani Chung" <me@privacy.net> wrote in message
> My DM created a Bard NPC from the DMG. One of his magical gear was a
Mirror
> of Vanity +2 for 9-16th level, can anyone give me some insight to what
this
> does? The DM has gone through the books and we cannot find another
mention
> of it on any magic list.

Sure... It is located in The Book of Marvelous Magic

Mirror of Vanity
XP Value: 100
GP Value: 1,000

This mirror causes each creature looking into it to make a saving throw vs.
spell or pause, admiring the reflection, for one hour. A remove curse breaks
the enchantment, but the mirror can be broken only by a wish.

Hope that helps...

--
Tarrax Ironwolf
psyberwolfREM@VEiwon.com

---

"Psyberwolf" <psyberwolf@ameritech.net> wrote in message
> "Kani Chung" <me@privacy.net> wrote in message
> > My DM created a Bard NPC from the DMG. One of his magical gear was a
> Mirror
> > of Vanity +2 for 9-16th level, can anyone give me some insight to what
> this
> > does? The DM has gone through the books and we cannot find another
> mention
> > of it on any magic list.
>
> Sure... It is located in The Book of Marvelous Magic
>
> Mirror of Vanity
> XP Value: 100
> GP Value: 1,000
>
> This mirror causes each creature looking into it to make a saving throw
vs.
> spell or pause, admiring the reflection, for one hour. A remove curse
breaks
> the enchantment, but the mirror can be broken only by a wish.
>

> Hope that helps...

Yes it does, and that is why we could not find it.
Thanks
Kani

> "Psyberwolf" <psyberwolf@ameritech.net> wrote in message
> > "Kani Chung" <me@privacy.net> wrote in message
> > > My DM created a Bard NPC from the DMG. One of his magical gear was a
> > Mirror
> > > of Vanity +2 for 9-16th level, can anyone give me some insight to what
> > this
> > > does? The DM has gone through the books and we cannot find another
> > mention
> > > of it on any magic list.
> >
> > Sure... It is located in The Book of Marvelous Magic
> >
> > Mirror of Vanity
> > XP Value: 100
> > GP Value: 1,000
> >
> > This mirror causes each creature looking into it to make a saving throw
> vs.
> > spell or pause, admiring the reflection, for one hour. A remove curse
> breaks
> > the enchantment, but the mirror can be broken only by a wish.
> >

> > Hope that helps...
> >
> Yes it does, and that is why we could not find it.
> Thanks
> Kani

sorry I was not informed DM does have it Thanks alot