I am having a terrible time deciding what laptop i want to buy, so hopefully you folks can help me out. I am looking for a laptop that is fairly powerful but battery life is important to me. I am in the US Air Force and deploy quite often and the wi fi hot spot become war zones for outlets lol. I play FS2004, would like to be able to play fsx on medium setting (but not important), star trek online, and some various other simulation games. Thanks so much for your help.
1. What is your budget?
2. What is the size of the notebook that you are considering?
3. What screen resolution do you want?
Hi def, 1080
4. Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop?
5. How much battery life do you need?
atleast 2.5-3 hrs. WOULD BUY EXTENDED LIFE BATTERY
6. Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)?
FS2004, FSX, star trek online, cities XL 2011, tropico 3, left for dead 2, star craft 2. Mostly strategy and simulation games
7. What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo / Video editing,watching movies, Etc.)
Watch movies, video chat, edit video (minimal), music, powerpoint, word, etc.
8. How much storage (Hard Drive capacity) do you need?
9. If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post their links.
10. How long do you want to keep your laptop?
11. What kind of Optical drive do you need? DVD ROM/Writer,Bluray ROM/Writer,Etc ?
DVD writer, blu ray reader would be nice but not needed
12. Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons.
I have had good experience with dell although dont like the lack of upgrades. Like ASUS & HP
13. What country do you live in?
14. Please tell us any additional information if needed.
I hope this can help people to better find their ideal notebook.