Standard VGA Graphics adapter Issue....??

Prasad_1989

Honorable
Jan 4, 2013
Hello,So this is a strange problem I'm having since last week i tried it many ways, and can't find anything like it anywhere on the web. I think I'm going to have to tell a story to make it understandable.

I formatted my Notebook and installed WINDOWS 7 on my Notebook and after that i installed photoshop software but i am getting problem in saving my photoshop work.It is not showing any window when i say save as or save.I got the same problem before formtting my Notebook at that time i changed resolution but after format i am getting maximum resolution as 1024X600 instead of 1024X768 so how to get 1024X768 resolution on my Notebook....Plz Help.Any help appricated...!!

Prasad_1989

Honorable
Jan 4, 2013

Thanks for reply....i am using HP laptop and i download drivers from HP Site but still getting same problem...actually for 1024X768 resolution in display combo it shows non-pnp VGA adapter but now it is showing only pnp VGA adapter..so we have to change that....but how don't know.?.

Prasad_1989

Honorable
Jan 4, 2013

hi,
i am using HP Mini 110-3500 laptop and video chip is Intel Graphics Media Accelerator 3150

Prasad_1989

Honorable
Jan 4, 2013

hi,
i am using HP Mini 110-3500 laptop and video chip is Intel Graphics Media Accelerator 3150

:eek: Wait a second? Did you say that you are attempting to do Photoshop on a HP Mini? :eek:

I formatted my Notebook and installed WINDOWS 7 on my Notebook and after that i installed photoshop software but i am getting problem in saving my photoshop work.It is not showing any window when i say save as or save.I got the same problem before formtting my Notebook at that time i changed resolution but after format i am getting maximum resolution as 1024X600 instead of 1024X768 so how to get 1024X768 resolution on my Notebook

Ok, that clears that up. That laptop is a Netbook, not a notebook. First and foremost, it was not designed with Photoshop in mind and it will behave very very poorly. I'm surprised you're able to get 1024x600 at all.

It only has an Intel Atom processor (which is not built for that type of load).

Sorry ;)

Prasad_1989

Honorable
Jan 4, 2013

Prasad_1989

Honorable
Jan 4, 2013

but before formatting my HP mini i installed photoshop on my HP mini with no errors but then got virus currupted my OS so i formatted my Laptop and then got this problem...according to you first time also it should not run on my pc.right?

Prasad_1989

Honorable
Jan 4, 2013

yes i checked your links that you had given.....but before formatting i was getting 1024X768 resolution but according to HP site this is also against....how's that...?

Hello... maybe there is a way that you can do that... but i have no experience with that... Kind of like a ZOOM/maginify/Expand modes... but for that to happen... you hardware will not be displaying every pixel detail you would want to see... and would not be ideal in a PHOTO editing situation.

Maybe a re-post will yeild further information for you... using your Model name in graphics.

mohamattaufik

Honorable
Feb 7, 2013

Josh N

Honorable
May 19, 2013
These guys are unhelpful snobs,
yes photoshop will run slow but thats none of their business really... all you asked to do was run higher resolutions on your netbook.
Maybe you cant afford a nicer machine yet, maybe you just like netbooks, who knows.

1. go to start menu
2. Click on Run...
3. Type in regedit and hit enter
4. Display1_DownScalingSupported
5. click on the small arrows next to HKEY_CURRENT_USER and HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE to expand these sections of registry.
6. click on the edit pulldown menu and click find
7. search for "Display1_DownScalingSupported" (without quotes) make sure only "keys" and "values" are selected and not "data" or it will take forever.
8. when it finds an entry, double click and change the value data from 0 to 1
9. press F3 or find next in the edit menu to find the next entry and repeat it until all the values are 1
10. keep doing this until it says finished searching the registry
11. restart the computer
12. Right click on desktop and select screen resolution and you will see more options in the resolution menu (hopefully).
13. Dont waste your time explaining yourself to snobs