I started dunadan rogue, he doesnt sneak. Or the game just doest tell you?

--
Mikka L�utameki

On 2005-04-16 22:58:19, Mikka L�utameki <nekrotyrael@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Im newb, so sorry for stupid question...
> I started dunadan rogue, he doesnt sneak. Or the game just doest tell you?
>
> --
> Mikka L�utameki

Oh, and i play Vanilla Angband 3.0.5
--
Mikka L�utameki

Mikka writes:
>I started [Vanilla] dunadan rogue, he doesnt sneak.

"Sneak" means "have high stealth". Which as rogue you do. Still,
easiest rogue is High-elf, even if it's not supposedly legit. Just
look at how the stats line up, then add see invisible and infravision,
which you will want if you are really a newb. (I first played in
January; not so long ago.)

Be warned: V. rogue is tough. Warrior and ranger are easiest for real
newb. (Mage doesn't have enough HP, and priest starts out weak, though
arguably becomes the strongest class of all, later in the game.)

Sneak attacks happens automatically when the monsters is SLEEPING
(not moving), and a bonus to to-hit, to-dam and criticals is applied.
Rogues have superior stealth (lesser chance to awaken monsters)
and can use some nice spells.

--
I will hold the candle till it burns up my arm.
I'll keep taking punches until their will grows tired.

Atriel wrote:
> Sneak attacks happens automatically when the monsters is SLEEPING
> (not moving), and a bonus to to-hit, to-dam and criticals is applied.
> Rogues have superior stealth (lesser chance to awaken monsters)
> and can use some nice spells.

Except that that attack type doesn't exist in vanilla angband. Rogues
only advantage in vanilla is high stealth.

Timo Pietilä