[Poll] - What monster would you like to see?

Andrew

What monster would you like to see in your favorite variant? What unique? Is it
something from a book, or something you just made up completely? I'm curious.

I think a more interesting spectrum of dragons would be cool in V: Snail Dragon,
Jungle Dragon, Spitting Drake, Psionic Wyrm, Lava Serpent... just to break away
from the [age] [color] [title] formula.

I also think a unique toad named Glurtz would be cool. :)

--
Andrew

magnate

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

andrew wrote:
> What monster would you like to see in your favorite variant? What
unique? Is it
> something from a book, or something you just made up completely? I'm
curious.

I think Magic: The Gathering has hoovered up just about every monster
anybody ever imagined. A MtG-based variant would have some interesting
uniques, like Squee, Goblin Nabob and Baron Sengir. My vote for
favourite flavour text (for the monster memory) goes to the Anaconda:
"If you're smaller than the anaconda, it considers you food. If you're
bigger than it, it considers you a lot of food."

CC

"andrew" <andrew@msri.org> wrote in message
> What monster would you like to see in your favorite variant? What unique?
> Is it
> something from a book, or something you just made up completely? I'm
> curious.
>
> I think a more interesting spectrum of dragons would be cool in V: Snail
> Dragon,
> Jungle Dragon, Spitting Drake, Psionic Wyrm, Lava Serpent... just to break
> away
> from the [age] [color] [title] formula.
>
> I also think a unique toad named Glurtz would be cool. :)

I'd like to see all the cookie-cutter creatures removed. Unique toads,
well, no problem there... :)

--
Glen
L:pyt E+++ T-- R+ P+++ D+ G+ F:*band !RL RLA-

"andrew" <andrew@msri.org> wrote in message
> What monster would you like to see in your favorite variant? What unique?
> Is it
> something from a book, or something you just made up completely? I'm
> curious.
>
> I think a more interesting spectrum of dragons would be cool in V: Snail
> Dragon,
> Jungle Dragon, Spitting Drake, Psionic Wyrm, Lava Serpent... just to break
> away
> from the [age] [color] [title] formula.
>
> I also think a unique toad named Glurtz would be cool. :)

In my customized version of Zangband I have added "Warp drakes" and "Great
Dimensional Wyrms": they're invisible and have several breath
weapons/spells related to space-time.

--
----
Ingeborg S. Nordén

Ingeborg S. Nordén wrote:
> "andrew" <andrew@msri.org> wrote in message
>
>>What monster would you like to see in your favorite variant? What unique?
>>Is it
>>something from a book, or something you just made up completely? I'm
>>curious.
>>
>>I think a more interesting spectrum of dragons would be cool in V: Snail
>>Dragon,
>>Jungle Dragon, Spitting Drake, Psionic Wyrm, Lava Serpent... just to break
>>away
>>from the [age] [color] [title] formula.
>>
>>I also think a unique toad named Glurtz would be cool. :)
>
> In my customized version of Zangband I have added "Warp drakes" and "Great
> Dimensional Wyrms": they're invisible and have several breath
> weapons/spells related to space-time.

How utterly evil.