[V305] Wizard mode

How am I supposed to enter wizard mode and create dump files?

--
Mikka L�utameki

You dont need to enter wizard mode to create dump files.
Use de 'C'haracter screen, i think it´s 'f" to save to file the character
dump, in this screen.

--
I will hold the candle till it burns up my arm.
I'll keep taking punches until their will grows tired.

Atriel wrote:
> You dont need to enter wizard mode to create dump files.
> Use de 'C'haracter screen, i think it´s 'f" to save to file the character
> dump, in this screen.

He probably wants to make spoiler dump files, not character dump files
(or screen dump files).

Remember to use a sacrificial savefile since it will get marked a "cheater".

Incidentally, how does one get screen dumps when the game isn't idling?
(i.e. a prompt is displayed; a YAFM is displayed; you've scrolled the
map using 'L'; etc.)

On Sun, 17 Apr 2005 08:33:14 +0000 (UTC), Mikka Läutameki wrote:

>How am I supposed to enter wizard mode and create dump files?

Hi Mikka,

What variant are you talking about? I presume Vanilla - and I think most
variants use the same keystrokes for this!

To make a dump file: hit capital C to get the character info scree, then
lowercase f, then supply a filename. The dump will be made in the
\lib\user directory.

To enter "WIZARD" mode, hit Ctrl-W, then confirm that you really want to
do this. This will mark your save file as wizard - and this mark will
carry on to all future games started from the same savefile.

If you want to generate spoiler files, don't use Wizard mode, use the
debug commands instead. This will mark your savefile as well, so do make
sure to use a temporary savefile that you can throw away later (or keep
it, but with a name that helps you remember that this is your debug /
wizard savefile).
For spoiler file generation, hit Ctrl-A. If this is the first time for
the savefile, confirm that you really want to do this (it won't be asked
again if you hit Ctrl-A again). Then, when asked for a debug command,
hit the " (double-quote) key to request spoiler file generation, then
choose one of the four available spoiler files. IIRC, the spoiler files
will be generated in \lib\user.

Best, Hugo
--
Your sig line (k) was stolen! (more)
There is a puff of smoke!

(Remove NO and SPAM to get my e-mail address)

On 2005-04-17 22:21:24, Hugo Kornelis <Angband@hugo.is_NO_dit.c_SPAM_om> wrote:

> On Sun, 17 Apr 2005 08:33:14 +0000 (UTC), Mikka L�utameki wrote:
>
> >How am I supposed to enter wizard mode and create dump files?
>
> Hi Mikka,
>
> What variant are you talking about? I presume Vanilla - and I think most
> variants use the same keystrokes for this!
>
> To make a dump file: hit capital C to get the character info scree, then
> lowercase f, then supply a filename. The dump will be made in the
> \lib\user directory.
>
> To enter "WIZARD" mode, hit Ctrl-W, then confirm that you really want to
> do this. This will mark your save file as wizard - and this mark will
> carry on to all future games started from the same savefile.
>
> If you want to generate spoiler files, don't use Wizard mode, use the
> debug commands instead. This will mark your savefile as well, so do make
> sure to use a temporary savefile that you can throw away later (or keep
> it, but with a name that helps you remember that this is your debug /
> wizard savefile).
> For spoiler file generation, hit Ctrl-A. If this is the first time for
> the savefile, confirm that you really want to do this (it won't be asked
> again if you hit Ctrl-A again). Then, when asked for a debug command,
> hit the " (double-quote) key to request spoiler file generation, then
> choose one of the four available spoiler files. IIRC, the spoiler files
> will be generated in \lib\user.
>
> Best, Hugo
> --
> Your sig line (k) was stolen! (more)
> There is a puff of smoke!
>
> (Remove NO and SPAM to get my e-mail address)

Thank you!
--
Mikka L�utameki