[NPP]RNG Love...

So anyway, I take out Sauron with Ekkarmel my Half Troll warrior, and then
realize its pretty much time to start scumming for cash to replenish the seven
life potions I used on Sauron. (not sure if that is normal or not since I
havent fought him before. Anyway, he's dead and I am alive and thats what
matters.

He dropped one single unique cloak. It isnt even worth mentioning. :(

Anyway, my scumming will hopefully bring me into meeting the last three uniques,
Polyphemus, Lungorthing and Vecnas who I havent even seen.

My first few runs turn up nothing, then I get lucky and bag the third ring of
Power Vilya. Makes a complete set...

Anyway my next run I find a dragon pit and something went funny and I received;

Ring of Speed +14
Ring of Speed + 9 (2)
Ring of Speed + 5
The Ring of Power 'The One Ring'

I did something right to the RNG this time...

My first time down this deep and I get it. Methinks I might just slide it on.
:)

Only halfway through the pit...lets see whats next.

--
"Omnia mors aequat"
"Death levels all distinctions"

Severoth wrote:
> So anyway, I take out Sauron with Ekkarmel my Half Troll warrior, and
then
> realize its pretty much time to start scumming for cash to replenish
the seven
> life potions I used on Sauron. (not sure if that is normal or not
since I
> havent fought him before. Anyway, he's dead and I am alive and thats
what
> matters.
>
> He dropped one single unique cloak. It isnt even worth mentioning. :(
>
> Anyway, my scumming will hopefully bring me into meeting the last
three uniques,
> Polyphemus, Lungorthing and Vecnas who I havent even seen.
>
> My first few runs turn up nothing, then I get lucky and bag the third
ring of
> Power Vilya. Makes a complete set...
>
> Anyway my next run I find a dragon pit and something went funny and I
received;

> Ring of Speed +14
> Ring of Speed + 9 (2)
> Ring of Speed + 5
> The Ring of Power 'The One Ring'
>
> I did something right to the RNG this time...
>
> My first time down this deep and I get it. Methinks I might just
slide it on.
> :)
>
> Only halfway through the pit...lets see whats next.

Excellent. I turned up vilya under a rock at 4400' this morning - was
quite the surprise. I've never seen a potion of life for sale at the
black market, I hope I don't need seven of them for sauron :)

In NPP, you can purchase potions of life in town for around 125,000
gold each. Expensive, but a nice service. :)

ringlord wrote:
> In NPP, you can purchase potions of life in town for around 125,000
> gold each. Expensive, but a nice service. :)

Google Groups, sadly, appears to strip the tags in the primary group
listing from subject lines formatted as [tag]subject. A closer look at
the subject line might have been useful in concealing my ignorance of
NPP :)

On 2005-04-18 16:47:38, "ringlord" <hedden@cs.utk.edu> wrote:

> In NPP, you can purchase potions of life in town for around 125,000
> gold each. Expensive, but a nice service. :)

Yeah, I am just grinding coin and items to save enough for them. 20 should be
fine. :)

--
"Omnia mors aequat"
"Death levels all distinctions"

On the fourth moon of the second planet of a dying star, Severoth was
seen to write...

> Anyway my next run I find a dragon pit and something went funny and I
> received;
>
> Ring of Speed +14
> Ring of Speed + 9 (2)
> Ring of Speed + 5
> The Ring of Power 'The One Ring'
>
> I did something right to the RNG this time...
That is not RNG love. That's RiNG love. :-D

> My first time down this deep and I get it. Methinks I might just slide it on.
>:)
Probably. It'll make Morgoth much easier.

> Only halfway through the pit...lets see whats next.

Bladeturner, at this rate. :->
Congrats.
--
- Martin Bazley - "Being me is a 24-hour job"
martin@bazley.freeuk.com - Wimbledon, London, England