[NPP] Rogue: are Raal's and Kelek's useful?

Rogues get "Shockwave", "Cloudkill", and "Bedlam" from "Raal's Tome of
Destruction" and "Kelek's Grimoire of Power". Is it useful to carry
them around or should one sell them?

I deposited my copy of Raal's at my home (haven't missed it so far)
and now got Kelek's as a reward. Since my home is always full with
other stuff I'd like to know if they're worth keeping for a rogue.

Ralf
2 answers Last reply
More about rogue raal kelek useful
  1. Archived from groups: rec.games.roguelike.angband (More info?)

    I had the same conundrum and eventually decided to leave them at home
    since I hardly used them. I haven't sold them yet because if you don't
    have them on your person or in your home, I think you can keep getting
    them as quest rewards.

    Shockwave was the most useful, but at high levels most things you want
    to stun either resist or only stay stunned for one turn, or less.
  2. Archived from groups: rec.games.roguelike.angband (More info?)

    Ralf Arens wrote:
    > Rogues get "Shockwave", "Cloudkill", and "Bedlam" from "Raal's Tome of
    > Destruction" and "Kelek's Grimoire of Power". Is it useful to carry
    > them around or should one sell them?

    From my experience playing mages in V, I would say, well, maybe.
    Cloudkill is not a lot of use once you get it, but shockwave is quite
    handy because it stuns (good against summoners). Bedlam I never used,
    but IIRC it's an area chaos effect, which might be useful for confusing
    or polymorphing in some circumstances.

    So I'm going to sit right on the fence. Sorry.

    Nick.

Shockwave Games Video Games