Site:tomshardware com best laptop 1000-1200?

Status
Not open for further replies.

winstakes20

Distinguished
Dec 1, 2010
1. What is your budget?
1200 Max although closer to 1100 would be nice

2. What is the size of the notebook that you are considering?
Prefer for it to be 15+

3. What screen resolution do you want?
minimum 1600X

4. Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop?
It will mainly be my main computer and used as a desktop replacement. I will travel with it occasionally though.

5. How much battery life do you need?
More is better obviously but not a main priority.

6. Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)?
I will play F1 2010 on it frequently but not too concerned with other games. Settings as high as possible

7. What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo / Video editing,watching movies, Etc.)
Nothing too special. Just general internet surfing with some movie watching. Streaming, Runescape

8. How much storage (Hard Drive capacity) do you need?
320 gb more important is the 7200 rpm

9. If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post their links.
I am fine with anything. Mainly have been looking at pctorgue/amazon but where ever the best value lies.

10. How long do you want to keep your laptop?
2+ but longer is better.

11. What kind of Optical drive do you need? DVD ROM/Writer,Bluray ROM/Writer,Etc ?
DVD Writer is fine.

12. Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons.
I have been looking at ASUS SAGER MSI mainly but would be fine with anything. Dont want to do HP and DELL

13. What country do you live in?
USA

14. Please tell us any additional information if needed.

Did like the handy buttons near the trackpad (volume etc) not a fan of function keys

I think that is everything but i will monitor the thread and provide additional info if it will help.

raza715

Distinguished
Oct 5, 2008
Man don't get confuse, just get the sager which i mentioned above it has full HD1080p screen, GTX460M and processor customizable from i5 460M to i7 extreme high end and most important its under 1200$, so if u want to waste another 300$ just for popularity of ASUS then you can otherwise you should see price/performance ratio and durability which sager is definitely.

Status
Not open for further replies.