Sign in with
Your question

Windows 7 regedit, .exe problem

Last response: in Windows 7
January 4, 2013 6:23:53 PM

Hello, I have a virus.
Upon startup my computer has rundll32.exe problems and registry problems. I have tried about 5 different methods to open the registry or edit it but none have worked so far.
I cannot open any .exe files.
The computer is brand a refurb, new to me, with Windows 7 Pro just installed on it. I was downloading software onto it and after updating and shutting down, I started getting all these errors. I have Malware Bytes installed on it. However, I have no way of running any programs.
What is the solution to this problem?
Thanks in advanced.
a b $ Windows 7
January 4, 2013 6:25:52 PM

Reinstall windows.
a b 8 Security
a b $ Windows 7
January 4, 2013 6:28:38 PM

Hi :) 

BUY a Norton Internet Security 2013 Disc and BOOT from it...

All the best Brett :) 
Related resources
a b $ Windows 7
January 4, 2013 6:59:31 PM

You don't mention any exact error message, just saying you cant run programs or edit the registry. Are you sure, the win7 pro is activated and genuine?
a b $ Windows 7
January 4, 2013 7:04:56 PM

2 ways to fix this, as this virus mostly affects only the current user.

step 1 download Fixncr.reg so that you can run exe's
step 2 run malware bytes (make sure it is updated an antivirus is only as good as its definitions
step 3 turn off system restore and then turn it back on so that all the old restore points are gone.
if you have a rouge av installed let us know so we can get you removal instructions
a b $ Windows 7
January 4, 2013 7:05:46 PM

the second way
if you have another admin account just delete the current user profile.
January 13, 2013 6:31:43 PM

Hmm I never thought to delete the other user. Thanks, I will try that right now.
a b $ Windows 7
January 14, 2013 10:43:39 AM

youll notice if you log on as another user the .exe's will work. its not so much a virus as a user witout admin rights can get affected, is more like user customization to not work.
!