[V305] Info on classes

Hi,
I´ve returned to Angband after year or so and I don't have a clue what those
class advantages and disadvantages were. ^^
Something like that ranger gets bonuses when shooting longbow... I'm interested
mainly in rogue bonuses, because I play one right now. And I'm not sure whether
he gets any bonuses when fighting in leather armor with short sword and
likewise. ^^

Thank for help ^_^

On Fri, 22 Apr 2005 09:44:07 +0000 (UTC), nekrotyrael wrote:

>Hi,
>I´ve returned to Angband after year or so and I don't have a clue what those
>class advantages and disadvantages were. ^^
>Something like that ranger gets bonuses when shooting longbow... I'm interested
>mainly in rogue bonuses, because I play one right now. And I'm not sure whether
>he gets any bonuses when fighting in leather armor with short sword and
>likewise. ^^
>
>Thank for help ^_^

Hi nekrotyrael,

You can find a fair bit of information in the help files. Classes and
races are described in birth.txt (stored in \lib\help, can be read with
any text editor, browser, or through the Angband Help system).

I'm not aware of any place where more detaileed information than that in
the help file is assembled and stored. Either you hunt around for bits
and pieces, or you check the source, or you ask specific questions here.
Most specific questions get answered fairly quickly.

Of course, you can also base your choices on what's in the help system
and let yourself be surprised by the actual mechanics - that is part of
the fun of discovering Angband!

Best, Hugo
--
Your sig line (k) was stolen! (more)
There is a puff of smoke!

(Remove NO and SPAM to get my e-mail address)