Robe of Permanance vs. Dragon Scale Mail

Playing a Pally.. I really like my Robe of Permanence (found at 150 ft!), but
I have recently acquired Chaos Dragon Scale Mail as well as another variety.
Both as 30, +10 vs. the 2, +12 of the robe... Would you give up all the
benefits of permanance?

--

It's 3:30, why aren't you at work?
I.. I didn't feel like it.

Paul Coene wrote:
> Playing a Pally.. I really like my Robe of Permanence (found at 150 ft!), but
> I have recently acquired Chaos Dragon Scale Mail as well as another variety.
> Both as 30, +10 vs. the 2, +12 of the robe... Would you give up all the
> benefits of permanance?

What you really need are the four basic resists you get from the robe.
The stat sustains and hold life of the permanence are nice but
not that important.

If the other DSM is one of four basic (White/red/black/blue) sell it.
Otherwise keep. Getting poison/confusion resistance can be hard and they
are both very important later. If you can cover the four base resists
from maybe a shield of resistance and have green/bronze DSM go with the
DSM. Chaos DSM is cool and chaos/disenchantment resists are nice to have
deep in the dungeon but you probably don't need them yet.

Paul Coene <drool@rochester.rr.com> writes:

> Playing a Pally.. I really like my Robe of Permanence (found at 150 ft!), but
> I have recently acquired Chaos Dragon Scale Mail as well as another variety.
> Both as 30, +10 vs. the 2, +12 of the robe... Would you give up all the
> benefits of permanance?

Chaos drgaon scale mail is great for late in the game, as chaos and
disenchantment are two important resistances; you may want it then if
you have the basic resistances from some other source.

What is the high resist on the robe of permanence? (Use a scroll of
*Identify* or drink a potion of self knowledge to find out.)

--
David Grabiner, grabiner@alumni.princeton.edu, http://remarque.org/~grabiner
Baseball labor negotiations FAQ: http://remarque.org/~grabiner/laborfaq.html