Sign in with
Your question

Start computer from last known good configuration stuck on starting windows scre

Last response: in Windows 7
January 4, 2013 10:29:52 PM

Hello,
my laptop will not load up. I can get it to the screen where it says repair computer, safe mode and all that. (advance boot options) but anytime I click any off them it goes to a screen where it says I need to put in the windows installer disk. I do not have any disk but I downloaded the repair disc from my other laptop. I put the disk in the computer and restart it and it just goes back to same screen. It does not automatic rebot, or ask me to rebot from disk. Anyone know what I can do.
a b D Laptop
a b $ Windows 7
January 5, 2013 3:24:48 AM

I hate to ask this but do you have any backups of your data? You may have to do a factory reset to reinstall the OS. Will you provide the make and model of your laptop? Do you know how to get into the BIOS? You could try setting the CD/DVD drive as the first boot option and see if the repair disk will work.
m
l
a b $ Windows 7
January 5, 2013 3:30:12 AM

rachaelperry13 said:
Hello,
my laptop will not load up. I can get it to the screen where it says repair computer, safe mode and all that. (advance boot options) but anytime I click any off them it goes to a screen where it says I need to put in the windows installer disk. I do not have any disk but I downloaded the repair disc from my other laptop. I put the disk in the computer and restart it and it just goes back to same screen. It does not automatic rebot, or ask me to rebot from disk. Anyone know what I can do.

If the repair disc is from a different manufacturer or vendor (HP, DELL, etc.) than the computer you're having issues with, odds are it will not work. This is usually because those discs are encoded to only work on those specific machines.

Can you give us some more details as to what cause the reboot in the first place?

Power surge, turning it back on from being off, etc? This will help us isolate variables in what might have happened.
m
l
!