[POS] Possible Immaterial Bug

Currently been playing a Shadow Drake and have just noticed that you can sit in
the wall and nothing will attack you. This essentially makes those creatures
that have Immaterial as an ability (Shadow Drake/Death Drake/ Arch Lich and
anything else I havent mentioned) impossible to die with. Well impossible is a
long shot, but incredibly unlikely.

I sat next to a horde of Ice Ogres and they just milled about me in the wall as
I took them down one by one using combat. Same for various breathers as well. I
suspect that the monsters treat you as a piece of the wall and as such wont
attack.

Definitely needs to be looked at.

Onto something else...feels wrong being able to just melee anything to death.

--
"Omnia mors aequat"
"Death levels all distinctions"

Yeah definitely not a possible bug, its a bug. Monsters dont just attack you at
all. Not with spells not with anything. They stop what they are doing and just
sit there.

Needs a fix in the next POS version.

--
"Omnia mors aequat"
"Death levels all distinctions"

On Mon, 25 Apr 2005 05:52:20 +0000 (UTC), Severoth
<severoth@bigpond.net.au> wrote:

>Yeah definitely not a possible bug, its a bug. Monsters dont just attack you at
>all. Not with spells not with anything. They stop what they are doing and just
>sit there.
>
>Needs a fix in the next POS version.

Same thing when you play a Q - your pets won't attack monsters in the
wall that are attacking them - until you use Stone to Mud to remove
the wall block. Of course sometimes it works for you when your pet is
the one in the wall.

Cam

On 2005-04-25, Cam Moore wrote:
> On Mon, 25 Apr 2005 05:52:20 +0000 (UTC), Severoth
><severoth@bigpond.net.au> wrote:
>
>>Yeah definitely not a possible bug, its a bug. Monsters dont just attack you at
>>all. Not with spells not with anything. They stop what they are doing and just
>>sit there.
>>
>>Needs a fix in the next POS version.
>
> Same thing when you play a Q - your pets won't attack monsters in the
> wall that are attacking them - until you use Stone to Mud to remove
> the wall block. Of course sometimes it works for you when your pet is
> the one in the wall.

Yes, that's an annoying bug. Pathfinding doesn't work well with
incorporeal creatures. I'll fix it.

--
Alexander Ulyanov, maintainer of PosBand roguelike
E-mail: posband_AT_earthsea_DOT_org Web: http://posband.earthsea.org/

Alexander Ulyanov wrote:
> On 2005-04-25, Cam Moore wrote:
>
>>On Mon, 25 Apr 2005 05:52:20 +0000 (UTC), Severoth
>><severoth@bigpond.net.au> wrote:
>>

>>>Yeah definitely not a possible bug, its a bug. Monsters dont just attack you at
>>>all. Not with spells not with anything. They stop what they are doing and just
>>>sit there.
>>>
>>>Needs a fix in the next POS version.
>>
>>Same thing when you play a Q - your pets won't attack monsters in the
>>wall that are attacking them - until you use Stone to Mud to remove
>>the wall block. Of course sometimes it works for you when your pet is
>>the one in the wall.
>

> Yes, that's an annoying bug. Pathfinding doesn't work well with
> incorporeal creatures. I'll fix it.

What about monsters that don't have SeeInvis? If a monster is melded
into the wall, logically the other monsters should not be able to see it.