Gateway timeout using Management Tool

Last response: in Networking
Share
October 17, 2004 7:13:45 PM

I'm using Win98SE on my desktop PC, with a Linksys
EtherFast 10/100 USB Network adapter connected to the
Wireless-G Base Station (MN-700). After setup, incl. the
Wireless Notebook Adapter (MN-720)on a second computer (a
Compac notebook) I am unable to use the "Management Tool"
on the MS Broadband Network Utility of the desktop PC.

I get a message "504 Gateway Timeout".

My IE browser is Version 6.0.2800.1106 (with SP1 Update as
well as Q832894; q313829; Q837009; Q831167; Q823353;
Q867801; Q833989; Q834707;

I can use the Management Tool on the Notebook without any
problem.

How can I get the Management Tool to work on my desktop PC?

I appreciate any help! Thanks .............. Hans
October 19, 2004 12:26:20 AM

Does it have a proxy enabled?

Hans wrote:

> I'm using Win98SE on my desktop PC, with a Linksys
> EtherFast 10/100 USB Network adapter connected to the
> Wireless-G Base Station (MN-700). After setup, incl. the
> Wireless Notebook Adapter (MN-720)on a second computer (a
> Compac notebook) I am unable to use the "Management Tool"
> on the MS Broadband Network Utility of the desktop PC.
>
> I get a message "504 Gateway Timeout".
>
> My IE browser is Version 6.0.2800.1106 (with SP1 Update as
> well as Q832894; q313829; Q837009; Q831167; Q823353;
> Q867801; Q833989; Q834707;
>
> I can use the Management Tool on the Notebook without any
> problem.
>
> How can I get the Management Tool to work on my desktop PC?
>
> I appreciate any help! Thanks .............. Hans

assistance.

time.
October 19, 2004 12:21:55 PM

How do I enable a proxy?
.........Hans

you directly for
>assistance.
>
>If your question is worth asking, it's worth posting.
>
>If it's not worth posting you should have done a search
on
>http://www.google.com/ http://www.google.com/grphp?
hl=en&tab=wg&q= or
>http://news.google.com/froogle?hl=en&tab=nf&ned=us&q=
before wasting our
>time.
>.

Related resources
October 19, 2004 2:10:23 PM

To disable the proxy which you shouldn't be using on a home computer
follow these directions.

1) Open Internet Explorer.
2) Go to the Tools menu.
3) Then select Internet Options.
4) Go to the connections tab.
5) Click the LAN settings button.
6) Remove the checks from all the boxes.
7) Click OK.
8) Click OK Again.

Hans wrote:
> How do I enable a proxy?
> ........Hans

assistance.

time.
October 19, 2004 10:04:44 PM

Thanks. I've checked the LAN settings (there are no
proxies) -- but still cannot access the "Manageement Tool".
Ihave also uninstalled "Norton System Works Professional
2002". Still no working. Please help! .... Hans

October 20, 2004 12:25:49 AM

Try doing the following run cmd.

Then in the black window type in the following command without the
quotes of course "ping 192.168.2.1"

Please post the results & also trim your reply, as I have been doing in
my replies to you.

Hans wrote:
> Thanks. I've checked the LAN settings (there are no
> proxies) -- but still cannot access the "Manageement Tool".
> Ihave also uninstalled "Norton System Works Professional
> 2002". Still no working. Please help! .... Hans

assistance.

time.
October 21, 2004 8:18:23 PM

My PC confirmed in DOS window: "Pinging 192.168.2.1 with
32 bytes of data". Request timed out (3times).

!